7 Feb 2024
Civil Engineer at FABEC
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: FABEC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
We are looking for an experienced, driven civil engineer with a wealth of industry knowledge.
- He/she analyzes data such as survey reports, long-range, plans, and maps to be able to plan projects effectively.
- Planning for each stage of a project and its risk analysis,
- the role of the civil engineer will entail consideration for the cost of construction, possible hazards to the environment, government regulations, and other necessary factors.
- He/she will ensure that projects adhere to the various regulations, as well as gather and submit permit applications to the relevant government agencies, including the local, state, and federal governments.
- Responsibilities of civil engineers also cover coordinating the soil testing process to be sure that the soil is right for the structure to be put on it, and that the foundation has the needed strength to hold the structure.
- His/her duties also include testing asphalt, concrete, steel, and other building materials to be applied on a project to be certain they comply with standards and specifications.
- He/she also determines the economic feasibility of a project by working out its estimated cost of production, including the cost of equipment, materials, and labor.
- The work description of a civil engineer also involves the application of design software in planning and designing hydraulic and transportation systems, and structures following established government and industry standards.
- Manage, design, develop, create, and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely, and sustainable manner
- Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings, and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials, and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Handle the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports on project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- A professional engineer, Registered in the Engineering Registration Board (ERB)
- 10 years’ experience in civil construction.
- Proven working experience in civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- License of professional engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering