Child Protection Assistant at UNICEF
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Knowledge management and capacity building
- Research and document best and promising practices to prevent violence against children in homes, schools and communities.
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing and sharing lessons learnt from interventions to prevent violence against children for knowledge development and capacity building.
- Share information in a youth-friendly way to schools to promote understanding and engage students in actively participating in school-based interventions to prevent violence against children.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Participate in regular field monitoring visits to assess and document child protection interventions to prevent violence against children in homes, schools and communities. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks, and problems in the implementation of the interventions.
- Work closely with the child protection and innovations teams at UNICEF to support innovative interventions to raise awareness on violence against children and encourage reporting of violence among young people.
- Networking, partnership building and advocacy
- Build and sustain effective working partnerships with community actors, teachers, young people and students to strengthen violence against children interventions in homes, schools and communities.
- Work closely with the child protection communication for development specialist to draft human interest stories, photo essays and other communication materials for program advocacy to promote awareness of progress made to prevent violence against children.
- Additional tasks
- Participate in the planning, coordination and development of child protection interventions to prevent violence against children, as required and directed by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology, social work, devel-opment studies or other social science field is required
Up to 2 years of experience in education, development studies, social work and/or psychology
Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience working with schools would be highly regarded
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Demonstrated interest in working with schools and young people on violence preven-tion and response is an added asset
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th June, 2021.