Chief Principal Quality Assurance and Qualifications Framework (P4) at IUCEA
- Company: IUCEA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is a strategic institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for coordinating the development of human resources and research in the EAC Higher Education Institutions. The main objectives of IUCEA are to; (i) facilitate networking among universities in East Africa, and with universities outside the region; (ii) provide a forum for discussion on a wide range of academic and other matters relating to higher education in East Africa; and (iii) facilitate maintenance of internationally comparable education standards in East Africa so as to promote the region’s global competitiveness in higher education.
In order to fulfil its current mandate and to meet all its objectives and planned activities, IUCEA now wishes to recruit staff at the Secretariat for the posts;
Position Title: Chief Principal Quality Assurance and Qualifications Framework (P4),
Grade: P4Unit: Quality Assurance and Qualifications Framework
Job Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary – HERSS
Job Supervises: Senior Quality Assurance and Standards Officer and Senior Qualifications Framework Officer.
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide strategic leadership and management in the process of development and implementation of quality assurance guidelines and standards, and qualifications framework strategies, policies and guidelines. Subsequently, the job holder will collate policies, guidelines and standards on quality assurance and qualifications framework for operationalization of the East African Community Common Higher Education Area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing strategic development, implementation of quality assurance and qualifications framework activities and carrying out monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Overseeing the development of regional policies for effective operationalization of the EAC Common Higher Education Area.
- Mobilizing resources for quality assurance and qualifications framework activities.
- Keeping himself/herself abreast with international developments in quality assurance and qualifications framework and accordingly informing higher education institutions and national commissions and councils for higher education in the EAC Partner States
- Organizing dialogue and advocacy forums on harmonization of higher education systems in the Community.
- Organizing dialogue and advocacy forums on operationalization of the EAC Common higher Education Area.
- Promoting curricula reforms in order to equip graduates with the skills and knowledge which meet the needs of employers as well as self-employment in accordance with development plans of the Community
- Developing and implementing regional projects on quality assurance and qualifications framework ix. Any other duty that s/he may be assigned by Deputy Executive Secretary – HERSS
Key Performance Indicators
- Qualifications Framework developed and operationalized
- Number and type(s) of quality assurance standards and guidelines developed and operationalized
- Number of quality assurance modules developed, published and utilized
- Status of the development of quality assurance systems in higher education institutions in the region
- Number of dialogue forums on quality assurance and qualifications framework held
- Number of projects/programmes developed and funded
Minimum Job Requirements a) Academic Qualifications
Must have a PhD from a recognized institution
- b) Work Experience
- Have at least ten years’ experience in teaching and/or research, of which 5 years at the rank of Senior Lecturer or equivalent in a recognized higher education institution.
- Have ten years of experience in Management of Quality Assurance and/or Qualifications Framework at National Council/Commissions for Higher Education, of which 5 years at least at a rank of Director at the National Council/Commission for Higher Education.
- c) Key Competencies
- Must have sound knowledge of quality assurance in higher education
- Have sound knowledge of program development and evaluation
- Have sound knowledge on institutional evaluation
- Have clear understanding of the basic mission of higher education institutions
- Be conversant with academic programs in higher education institutions and the multiple challenges and global pressures facing them
- Have knowledge on tracer study processes
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have sound computer knowledge and skills
Tenure and Remuneration
As per the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations, the successful applicant for this post shall serve for a five-year term renewable once. A comprehensive remuneration package commensurate with the EAC Professional Job Grades and Diplomatic status shall be offered to the suitable candidate. Additional details on these packages may be obtained from the undersigned.
Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
The successful candidate shall be notified of his/her appointment by the 2nd week of April to give him/her enough time to also give notice to his/her employer.
Submission of Applications
The deadline for submission of application forms to the IUCEA Secretariat is Monday 1st February 2021. Application forms should be downloaded and filled online accompanied by the following:
- Certified copies of the applicant’s degree awards
- Up to date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Method of ApplicationApplications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ……. Complete the online form on this link https://forms.gle/Jd3gkQw1mrm3Kuf9A / https://bit.ly/3aAnZ4X and submit application documents electronically to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
E-mail: [email protected]
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 February, 2021 NOTE :
- All candidates who applied for the re-advertised positions earlier are encouraged to re-apply.
- IUCEA will not accept hand-delivered applications. Applicants must complete application forms as indicated above.