Chief of Technology & Digital Transformation at NMB Bank
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Chief of Technology & Digital Transformation
NMB Bank PLC (NMB) is the leading full service commercial bank in Tanzania.
It provides banking services to a customer base reflective of Tanzania as a whole, and this includes Government and state- owned institutions, large corporates and institutions, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), civil servants and salaried employees, farmers and cooperatives, and reaches out to traders and the unbanked.
NMB is currently looking for a Chief of Technology & Digital Transformation.
- Lead and implement the bank’s digital transformation strategy and agenda.
- Lead all initiatives using opportunities in technology based on input of NMBs sales teams and research identifying client needs and opportunities in the market.
- Drive innovation through technology in Payments and Transaction Services, Mobile Banking, Cards, Innovation & Research and Technology delivery Infrastructure.
- Engage with the bank wide businesses and support functions to develop customer centric solutions.
- Promote and guide internal departments in using technology effectively.
- Lead and manage the business and technology leadership on project status and product development issues.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
- Work with systems vendor, technology, retail, marketing and customer service partners to ensure successful delivery of digital products and services.
- Perform market intelligence on innovation and research for the business.
- Manage the information and communication technology delivery end to end.
- Lead initiatives to constantly improve the bank security position by protecting the software and hardware assets, networks, services, and information. Ensure controls and measures are in place to protect the bank from cyber-attacks.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the current and up-and-coming trends in the IT field and emerging technologies.
- Possesses an intimate understanding of competitors activities, drivers, products, strengths, vulnerabilities, market share and client base accordingly to meet business objectives.
- Broad and detailed technical knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- In-depth understanding of the bank’s strategy, operating structure and interfaces with other functions while prioritizing and communicating technology strategy to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated record of product revenue and profit growth and new business development in an innovative, technology driven financial services environment.
- Exposure abroad with demonstrable profit and loss responsibility in an innovative technology driven financial services environment, being a corporate or medium sized financial services or investment company.
- Impeccable integrity.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Technology, business innovation or a related field gained from a recognized university. A post graduate qualifications in banking is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with 5 years at senior management level, preferably as a CTO/CIO with key focus on technology and innovation.
- Exposure with demonstrable innovative skills, in a technology driven financial services environment, being a corporate or medium sized financial institution.
- Knowledge of technological trends in the financial services sector in order to build and enhance business strategy
- Understanding of budgets, strategic planning and large IT Systems.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and is aiming for gender parity at all levels in the organization.
Method of ApplicationEmail your CV and application letter to [email protected] stating the Reference Number 32314 in the subject line.
To view the full job description go to www.radarrecruitment.co.tz and enter the Job Reference Number in the search field.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th April 2021.
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.