Chief of Party – Tanzania Malaria Case Management and Surveillance at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
Under the supervision of the US-based Portfolio Manager, the Chief of Party (COP) manages and supervises the successful implementation of evidence-based malaria case management and malaria in pregnancy interventions, social and behavior change strategies, malaria surveillance and monitoring including therapeutic efficacy and entomological monitoring, and capacity building strategies to strengthen government and local partner ability for malaria surveillance and case management. The COP acts as the primary liaison between the project and the local USAID mission, the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MOHCDGEC), the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), the Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program (ZAMEP), other GOT agencies, and various other malaria stakeholders in-country. The COP is required to provide overall strategic direction, operations management, technical leadership, and financial and administrative compliance for all project activities to assure that activities meet desired outcomes, are completed on-time, and are within budget.
- Master Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable), in Public Health/Health Administration (or other relevant health specialization) or Business Administration.
- 10 – 15 years of relevant international health experience, including significant experience in the area of malaria prevention and control.
- At least 5 years of senior project management experience in large international health projects/programs including management and oversight of local subcontractors.
- Experience in Tanzania is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Experience managing a fast paced, results oriented, deadline driven project.
- Significant ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into efficiently implemented program activities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February , 2022.