Chief of Party, Tanzania Heshimu Bahari at Winrock International
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking a Chief of Party to lead a dynamic team in implementing an anticipated USAID project funded in Tanzania, focused on marine biodiversity conservation. The project will provide technical, material, and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for marine protected areas and Fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program. The COP will coordinate closely with USAID and the Winrock home office (HO) in developing, implementing, and revising Heshimu Bahari’s overall field strategy. The COP oversees the strategic and technical direction of Heshimu Bahari and serves as link between USAID, Winrock’s HO, and Heshimu Bahari partners and stakeholders. S/he will foster and maintain effective relationships and coordination with government, academia, private sector, civil society, NGOs, and other donors and ensure compliance with the contract including timely, high-quality results. This is a full-time position based in Tanzania and is contingent on award of funding from USAID.
- Provide overall technical leadership to achieve project results;
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID/Tanzania;
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to project technical and administrative staff, subcontractors, and short-term consultants to ensure effective project implementation across deliverables;
- Provide high-level oversight for project administrative functions including financial management, human resources and procurement to ensure compliance with Winrock policies and principles and USAID rules and regulations;
- Monitor project indicators, evaluate results and advise on improvements in project implementation;
- Apply adaptive management and learning approach to iteratively evaluate program results and impact. Institute adjustments to replicate and scale successful activities and course correct activities that are not yielding desired results;
- Identify and mitigate project risk;
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results;
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are included as project beneficiaries;
- Prepare and monitor implementation of annual work plans and progress reports;
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with the donor and other stakeholders;
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals;
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office;
- Manage relationships with complementary donor projects;
- Represent Winrock at external meetings and events as required
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Academic degree in international development, environmental management, marine protected area management, fisheries, or other related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of experience managing complex donor-funded international development projects Senior-level management experience on large and complex natural resource management projects ($15M+) strongly preferred.
- Experience leading USG contracts; grants-under-contract experience preferred.
- Overseas experience with technical and/or operational issues related to biodiversity, private sector engagement, natural resource management (marine protection or fisheries), or related issues.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in senior-level roles for USAID or other high complexity projects, such as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party.
- Proven experience working closely with government ministries and ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with officials at national and local levels.
- Experience working in Tanzania strongly preferred, with a strong knowledge of the cultural and power dynamics in country.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management required.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Tanzania is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the program.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations and coalitionbuilding among host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February , 2022.