Chief of Party/Project Director at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Anticipated USAID Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121 RFA 00003
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social services to Tanzanians.
THPS is seeking interested and competent individuals to apply for the following key positions as part of its application to the anticipated USAID OVC NOFO: Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121RFA00003.
|1Job title: Chief of Party/Project Director||Directly Reports to: THPS Executive Director|
|Dual reporting: Not Applicable||Location: THPS HQ – Dar es Salaam|
|Supervises: Deputy COP/Technical Director, MEL Manager – USAID (OVC) Next Generation|
|Purpose and Scope of Job:
The COP provides overall strategic, technical leadership, management and coordination in planning, implementation, and evaluation of Tanzania OVC Next Generation NOFO and ensures quality and timeliness of work and completion of all activities within approved budget. Responsible for day-to-day oversight of the NOFO to provide strategic vision, management guidance in collaboration with sub recipient members group, and THPS Executive Director S/He will serve as project and technical representative with USAID, MOHCDGEC and other national/international agencies, institutions, and stakeholders. The COP will communicate in timely manner with THPS Executive Director and USAID on coordination of activities and status/challenges associated with activities and propose solutions as necessary. Provide program and technical direction, leads annual work plan development, and complete required reports.
Oversee planning, monitoring and evaluation, management, and control systems to ensure informed decision-making and implementation of project activities. Ensures adherence to USG funding policies, rules and regulations during project implementation. manage the work plan and activities budgets to meet Activity objectives, and responsible for reporting on Activity performance and progress.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate linkage between the OVC project and THPS Senior
- Oversee project work plan and budget development, implementation of activities, monitoring and evaluation and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity
- Ensure clear communication with donors
- Ensure performance against Take corrective action where necessary.
- Coordinate and plan meetings with USAID, MOHCDGEC, POLARG and other partners at national
- Ensure project financial systems and controls comply with generally accepted THPS and USG standards and GOT accounting
- Ensure compliance with THPS and USAID policies, rules and
- Lead development and implementation of sustainability plans and ensure continuous engagement of local government authorities regional and district social worker in supportive
- Advocate for resource allocations to OVC Next Generation by the local government
- Communicate regularly with THPS Senior management team, sharing information in a timely
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of all quarterly/annual reporting
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management including mid and end term project
- Monitor and appraise performance of senior project
- Responsible for program performance results and reporting
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MD. preferred, minimum of Master’s Degree in public health, Medicine or other appropriate field, or health management field
- 7 + years of senior level managing programs of similar size, complexity, and settings/ experience in HIV/AIDS and TB is added advantage
- Experience in OVC programming is an added advantage
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal
- Previous work experience managing PEPFAR USAID-funded
- Knowledge of USG health initiatives
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts, USAID, consultants, donors, and international organizations
- Able to travel domestically to project sites as
- Must be citizen of Tanzania
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by July 14th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘Finance Manager’’. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 July 2021.