Chief of Party (COP) at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCIES.
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social welfare services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems.
THPS is implementing the USAID funded Police and Prison Activity– Cetology of Federal Domestic Assistance Number 98.001 awarded in August 12, 2020 through the funding opportunity announcement number 72062120-RFA 00003 in collaboration with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA). The Activity focuses on providing quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis prevention, care, and treatment support services to the police and prisons staff, their families, prisoners and surrounding communities in Tanzania.
In FY24, the GOT under the leadership of the Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups and Ministry of Community Development and Gender in Zanzibar; in collaboration with stakeholders through the Together for Girls (TfG) partnership and through funding from the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)/US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will conduct the second national Violence against Children and Youth Survey (VACS 24). THPS will work with National Bureau of Statistic (NBS) and Office of the Chief Government Statistician (OCGS) to conduct the survey. The results of the survey will inform national policies, laws, and programs to prevent violence.
Hence, THPS is seeking experienced, dynamic and qualified Candidates for the below positions.
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 17th September 2023
Reports to: THPS Director of Programs (DoP)
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Chief of Party (COP) will serve as the primary technical and managerial lead for the USAID Police and Prisons Activity program in Tanzania which focuses on providing quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis prevention, care, and treatment support services to the police and prisons staff, their families, prisoners and surrounding communities. The Chief of Party, and will provide leadership and coordination in strategic planning, program development and management, and overseeing the implementation and evaluation of all activities related to this program in Tanzania; while ensuring that project resources are used as planned
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide overall strategic, technical leadership and coordination in planning, implementation, and evaluation of all activities under USAID Police and Prisons Activity project in Tanzania.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work and the completion of the activity within budget.
- Maintain oversight responsibilities for all field-related technical & management issues
- Serve as the programs chief project and technical representative with USAID, MoHA including, Tanzania Police Force and Tanzania Prisons Services, MOH in mainland and Zanzibar, and other national/international agencies, institutions, and stakeholders.
- Communicate in a timely fashion with THPS Director of Programs and senior management team (SMT) and USAID on the coordination of activities and regarding status/ problems associated with activities and propose solutions.
- Supervise and manage all program staff and consultants working on this activity.
- Provide programmatic and technical direction, lead annual work plan development, as well as completion of required reports.
- Present Activity progress in quarterly USAID-TZ joint program management meetings (JPMM)
- Oversee the planning, monitoring, management and control systems to ensure informed decision-making and implementation of project activities.
- Oversee monitoring of project activities and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity tasks.
- Ensure performance against targets. Take corrective action where necessary.
- Coordinate and plan meetings with USAID, MoHA, and other partners at national and subnational level.
- Ensure project financial systems and controls comply with generally accepted accounting practices and USG standards and GOT.
- Ensure compliance with THPS and USAID policies, rules and regulations.
- Lead development and implementation of sustainability plans and ensure continuous engagement of local government authorities (R/CHMTs) in supportive supervisions.
- Advocate for resource allocations to police and prison facilities by the local government authorities.
- Communicate regularly with THPS Executive team, sharing information in a timely manner.
- Aaccuracy and timely submission of all quarterly/ annual reporting requirements
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management including mid- and end-term project evaluation
Qualifications and Experience
- D. with minimum of Master’s Degree in public health, health education, or health management field.
- 10 + years of program and/or project management experience in the area of HIV/AIDS and TB
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience managing PEPFAR USAID-funded projects.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts, USAID, consultants, donors, and international organizations.
- Able to travel domestically to project sites as needed.
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 17th September 2023 with a subject line example Chief of Party USAID Police and Prison Activity. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.