Chief of Party at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Tanzania
Tracking Code10230Job Description
Title: Chief of Party
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Division: Global Health Programs
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a Chief of Party to lead an anticipated five-year USAID-funded contract working on comprehensive client centered care for HIV and TB in Tanzania’s northern regions. The Chief of Party will help to accelerate HIV epidemic control and eradicate TB in Tanzania by leveraging disruptive approaches and driving equitable access to differentiated, client-centered, efficacious HIV and TB tools, systems, and services. The successful candidate will have excellent technical capacity in HIV and TB, and considerable experience and proven excellent capacity in project and team management.
Key responsibilities and required skills and experience are detailed below.
- Provide overall strategic and managerial leadership of the activity in collaboration with all major stakeholders.
- Lead a high-quality and results-oriented activity to achieve the objectives and expected results.
- Lead overall planning, technical leadership and coordination of all activities including the work of any sub-partners.
- Maintain effective, regular, and timely communication with COR and other USG officials.
- Serve as project representative to the USAID Mission, other U.S. government representatives, Government of Tanzania officials, other donors, partners, and other civil society and private sector stakeholders.
- Drive the development and scale of innovations and new approaches that strengthen prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment, and management of HIV and TB.
- Oversee social behavior change activities for HIV/TB specifically targeting demand creation and stigma reduction.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities to ensure that project outcomes are accomplished and targets reached on time and within budget.
- Foster productive and excellent working relationships with implementing partners, including MOHCDGEC, NACP, NTLP, PO-RALG, and TACAIDS.
- Participate in key HIV/TB national technical working groups (TWG) and provide TA to Government technical and program staff as needed
- Manage effective activity implementation and ensure efficient use of resources to achieve project outcomes by monitoring work plans and finances in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and PATH policies and procedures.
- Oversee weekly monitoring and reporting of performance and facilitate partners and project staff to effectively use performance data to guide program implementation
- Institute effective internal control measures and ensure proper financial and data integrity at all times.
- Create and implement activities that increase demand and use of HIV/TB services specifically for youth and women.
- Oversee technical and programmatic capacity building for sub-partners, local government authorities (LGA), and project staff to ensure quality of activities and products developed under the project.
- Recruit staff to meet evolving project demands.
- Oversee activities to integrate family planning and HIV/TB care services.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with PATH policies and applicable Tanzanian laws.
- Identify project staff learning needs and provide technical assistance, guidance, and mentoring to project team on technical issues related to project implementation.
Required skills and experience:
- Advanced degree (Medical, Masters or PhD) in health or social sciences;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in the health sector with demonstrated experience in implementing innovative programs that improve TB and HIV outcomes;
- Up to ten (10) years of experience leading international donor assistance projects;
- Knowledge of and experience working with the U.S. government required, preferably including experience working with USAID and PEPFAR mechanisms; experience as a USAID Chief of Party is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated strategic vision and leadership skills, technical expertise, and strong management skills to effectively and efficiently implement complex and international health projects;
- Experience in implementing institutional capacity strengthening.
- Proven record of developing and maintaining strong and effective partnerships with diverse groups of stakeholders, including host government agencies, donors, civil society, private sector, and community-based organizations to implement TB and HIV programming;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili required;
- Previous experience in Eastern Africa is strongly preferred; experience in Tanzania is desired.
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam Position TypeFull-Time /Regular
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2020.