Chief of Party at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Purpose of Position
The Chief of Party is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania funded by USAID/Tanzania for the WASH program. This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
Reports to: Project Director
Duration: 5 years
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The Chief of Party shall provide overall leadership, direction, program management and oversight, and serve as principal liaison to USAID and national MoH staff.
- Ensure the strategic and functional integration across all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts;
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID/Tanzania;
- Represent project at national, regional, and global technical forums as required;
- Oversee project planning, contribute technical expertise as necessary to ensure project implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities;
- Provide strategic vision on program sustainability;
- Lead and advise on best governance principles, including ownership, inclusiveness, transparency, accountability, integrity, and ethical standards;
- Balance the interests of various stakeholders and supports participatory governance through multisectoral partnerships;
- Manage relationship with USAID, ensuring all reporting is completed in a timely way;
- Coordinate with other local USAID representatives, USG projects, as well as other development partners to ensure collaboration, integrated approach, and complementarity of the interventions to add value to service delivery improvement;
- Establish quality control standards in-line with the country and USAID standards;
- Communicate/work with health sector leaders in Tanzania, including MOH, subnational health sector leaders, and key stakeholders at the national level;
- Build capacity of local partner organizations to increase ownership and sustainability of activities beyond the life of the project.
- Extensive senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex family planning and/or public health programs, including supervision of technical staff.
- Extensive progressively increasing responsibility in WASH.
- Demonstrated experience working in Tanzania and/or knowledge of Tanzania health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with diverse partners including host government agencies, donors, civil society and CBOs.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision and foster collaboration across an interdisciplinary team.
- Prior experience managing PEPFAR and/or USAID-funded agreements or contracts.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Please submit a CV and Cover Letter stating the following:
- Your interest and experience that make you suitable for this position.
- Notice period from current employer
- Possible start date
- Salary Expectations
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th January, 2021.