Chief of Party at JSI
- Company: JSI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Category: Direct hire, paid in US
Posting Date: 04/15/2021
Deadline Date: 04/30/2021
Starting Date: 09/01/2021
JSI is currently recruiting for a cooperating country national Chief of Party for a possible position with the USAID-funded Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program For Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3HP- RMNCAH) Activity. The purpose of the project will be to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services in target regions, particularly women of reproductive age, youth and children, by improving access to quality RMNCAH services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for RMNCAH service delivery. Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Chief of Party will be responsible for overseeing contract implementation, providing the technical vision and approach and managing the project team and consortium members. The anticipated award date is open. The Chief of Party will report to the JSI home office Senior Advisor.
- Guide, encourage and oversee all aspects of program management, both technical and financial;
- Oversee and coordinate JSI and subpartner staff;
- Serve as the leader of the Senior Management Team;
- Ensure compliance with award terms and conditions, USAID polices and regulations, and JSI rules and regulations;
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison with the Government of Tanzania including MOH, USAID/Tanzania, JSI headquarters, other donors, and multilateral and INGO partners;
- Monitor annual work plans and monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure that the project is meeting goals, and analyze and resolve reasons for any delays;
- Ensure regular reporting to and timely submission of deliverables as required under the contract; and
- Encourage the conduct of innovative operational/implementation studies and activities as appropriate to complement project core activities and goals.
- A Master’s degree OR 5 years of experience in management, public health, social sciences, development studies or a related field (in addition to the 10 year requirement noted below) for those without a Master’s degree;
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing large comprehensive and complex international development assistance on RMNCH or health programs;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions, and international organizations;
- Quality past performance references; and
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 04/30/2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th April, 2021.