Chief of Party at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated project in Tanzania, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes by increasing demand for and utilization of high-quality facility and community services. The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project, ensuring achievement of project deliverables and targets. The COP will be the primary liaison with the funder and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards. The position will be based in Tanzania and will report to the FHI 360 Eastern Africa Regional Director. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Chief of Party will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of contract implementation and management, including stakeholder coordination with USAID and Government of Tanzania counterparts and subcontractors.
- Ensure overall contract successful implementation within parameters of quality, schedule, cost control and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures compliance with contract terms and conditions to ensure implementation aligns with/adheres to contract commitments.
- Provide overall technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of health service delivery and care utilization strategies to improve RMNCAH outcomes.
- Oversee team of senior technical and program management staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst team members.
- Oversee partnerships and ensure strong lines of communication and collaboration are established and maintained, particularly surrounding technical assistance needs of government and other national partners.
- Lead the planning of all contract activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Oversee and coordinate the successful completion of planning and budgeting requirements of the contract
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of activities, including progress toward achieving objectives and targets with high-quality and on-time performance
- Provide effective oversight to all financial and administrative functions undertaken by the contract to ensure efficient and effective administrative support
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with FHI 360 standard operating procedures, donor policies and regulations, and national policies and law
- Oversee engagement and management of local and national partners to ensure capacity for transition of activity implementation is developed and demonstrated.
- Ensure financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other deliverables required by USAID.
- Master’s Degree or higher in medicine, public health, health management, social science, or a related field required.
- 15 + years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing large, complex health service delivery projects involving multiple partners in or for developing countries.
- At minimum, must have at least eight years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- Management experience with a USG contracts required.
- Familiarity with FAR and other USG requirements
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
- At least two years of experience living or working in East Africa; Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; Swahili language fluency highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021.