Chief of Party at Chemonics International
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting, operating in over 80 countries, that anticipates a USAID funded project in Tanzania, USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari.
Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year, $25-50 million Tanzania Heshimu Bahari, Marine Biodiversity Activity which will acquire technical, material, and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for and fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making. To implement proven marine biodiversity threat reduction approaches in Tanzania.
The Chief of Party (COP) will supervise all activities related to this program and have overall responsibility for the successful performance of the technical assistance team. The COP shall provide strategic leadership and bear primary responsibility for all administrative requirements of the contract, ensuring that the quarterly key performance indicators, objectives, and deliverables for the Tanzania Heshimu Bahari program are met. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the program follows USAID regulations, the contract, and Chemonics policies. We anticipate that the position will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the Activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner Develop and communicate (verbally and in writing) the objective and strategic vision for the program to staff, USAID, and all counterparts and stakeholders
- Ensure that work plans are developed and implemented, providing technical direction to staff, downstream partners and grantees
- Maintain open, two-way communication with USAID, the field staff, and Chemonics home office.
- Oversee and contract performance in compliance with contract provisions and manage contract finances (budget and fund allocations)
- Supervise personnel management of key operational and technical departments of the program, including across multiple offices
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- An advanced degree in biology, marine biodiversity, ecology, fisheries or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing marine biodiversity projects, natural resource management projects, and/or conservation projects with technical expertise in one or more subsectors of project focus
- Demonstrable experience of program management and leading and professionally developing diverse teams
- Financial management skills, including budgeting and budget management
- Previous experience working in Africa, with particular knowledge and experience working in Tanzania preferred
- Experience managing complex contracts and agreements, USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required. Prior COP experience of a large, complex project is preferred.
- Applicants local to Tanzania are encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2022.