Chief of Party at Chemonics International
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics International seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Natural Resources Management Activity in Tanzania. The activity aims to increase private sector engagement in biodiversity conservation and NRM; build institutional capacities of both public and private stakeholders; improve the policy, regulatory, and enabling environment for biodiversity conservation and NRM; and increase data availability for use in decision-making. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall activity management, implementation, and oversight of the project. The COP will provide quality assurance and control of all program deliverables as well as provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field staff and operations. The position is contingent upon contract award.
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications:
- An advanced degree in natural resources, ecology, environmental science/policy, biodiversity conservation, forestry, wildlife management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated record of managing complex donor-funded programs for successful private sector engagement in biodiversity conservation. Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred.
- Extensive project management leadership experience, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts, accounting/finance, as well as monitoring, evaluating and learning, documenting project performance; evaluating subcontractor and grantee activities, and providing overall direction.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work effectively with government representatives, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders, particularly at the provincial or district level.
- Knowledge and experience in training and facilitation.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience working in Tanzania on natural resources management or conservation initiatives strongly preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant senior-level professional experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the East Africa Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
- Fluency in English required.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and contact information for three current professional references below by 5:00 p.m. (17:00) on April 17, 2020. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 28th May, 2020.