Chief of Party at Baylor Foundation Tanzania
- Company: Baylor Foundation Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Tanzania
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania (Baylor Tanzania) is a local Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered in 2009 dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV – exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania. Baylor Tanzania is a member of Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Network which is headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by the United State Agency for International Development (USAID), working to support the Government of Tanzania through Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and President’s Office-Regional Administration Local Government to improve provision of services for children and adolescent infected and living with HIV in Lake and Southern Highland Zones.
Baylor Tanzania is seeking applications on various key personnel positions for an anticipated United States Government (USG) Cooperative Agreement (720621-OVCNextGen-FY2021) to implement Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation activity in the 4 regions (Mara, Mwanza, Kagera, and Geita) of the Lake zone in Tanzania. This potential five years OVC activity is designed to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth. More information can be found here on www.beta.sam.gov.These positions are contingent upon award.
Position Title: Chief of Party (1)
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Job Summary and qualifications
Chief of Party (COP) The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall management and operations of the project and is the key liaison with USAID. S/he provides overall management, strategic direction, and technical leadership to the project to achieve expected project results within budget and timeframe. Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner. The COP will serve as principal liaison to USG and the Tanzanian Government and ensure high level of coordination and nurture relationships with all key stakeholders including partner organizations/at national and county level, on administrative, financial and programmatic matters related to the project. The COP position requires political savvy, as s/he interacts with numerous Government of Tanzania institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials. At a minimum, the COP will have:
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field
- A minimum of seven years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development programs involving multiple partners, stakeholders and geographic target areas in a developing country.
- A minimum of five years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of similar size and complexity.
- A minimum of three years of experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of OVC programs with key populations.
- Management experience with a USG funding mechanism and familiarity with USG agreement regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
Method of ApplicationIf you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, kindly apply by submitting a cover letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information of three referees.
Application should reach the Executive Directors Office at Baylor – Tanzania not later than 25th February 2021
The Executive Director,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania
P.O. Box 5208, Mwanza
Or send to email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 25th February, 2021