Chief Of Nursing Services (Matron) at Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust
- Company: Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The mission of DCMC Trust is to provide accessible and sustainable quality health care through a Tanzanian comprehensive health system which encompasses community-based prevention and primary, secondary and selected specialized and super-specialized care.
DCMC Hospital is a Christian Health Ministry owned by the Registered Trustees of Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust (DCMCT)located at Imagi Hill, Ntyuka Dodoma. Since its establishment it has served thousands of patients as a multispecialty hospital offering quality health care for the people of Central Tanzania and in collaboration with other stake holders and in line with the Government policies.
DCMC Trust is an equal opportunity employer offering stable and professional working environment with competitive remuneration and benefits.
DCMC Hospital invites qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant positions:
Chief Of Nursing Services (Matron) -1 Position
The incumbent will oversee the quality and efficiency of patient care. This is an administrative and strategic planning role that involves maintaining standards of care, monitoring nursing staff, and ensuring compliance with all regulations. The incumbent will review department management reports, communicate issues with hospital leadership, and help with budgeting. S/he will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of long- and short-term plans for nursing activities in clinical departments. S/he will supervise all line divisions heads and ensure performance targets are met.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent Postgraduate diploma from a recognized institution
- Must be registered by the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Must have a minimum of five(5)years working experience in a busy reputable hospital
- Must have a valid practicing license
- Able to develop in-depth knowledge of principles of new public management and familiar with health reforms.
- Good leadership skills and qualities and able to work in a team
- Able to communicate with proven interpersonal skills and proven problem-solving skills
- Versality in the critical management skills of transformation leadership, action planning, performance and total quality management, team building, decision making, problem solving and change management.
Duties and responsibilities
- To supervise overall nursing activities at the hospital
- To plan organize and supervise nursing care for patients at the hospital
- To plan and execute preventive healthcare activities within and outside the hospital
- To ensure adherence to national standards, guidelines and protocols for nursing practice in Tanzania
- To evaluate nursing services and use the information gathered to improve the quality of services
- To ensure cleanness and infection control protocol is adhered to by all staff in all sections
- To advise management on the required nursing standards staffing levels qualifications and specific skills in the hiring process
- To write reports and ensure timely distribution of reports to the municipal and other stakeholders
- To respond to specific customers’ needs and complaints and resolve any arising dissatisfaction and conflicts arising during staff/patient/relatives’ interaction
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS:
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address, and reachable telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
- The title of the position applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter/e-mail and marked on the envelope
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates/ transcripts as’ follows:
- Postgraduate Degree, First Degree/Advanced Diploma, Diploma/Certificates.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates where applicable.
- Professional Certificates/Licenses from respective boards where applicable.
- One recent passport size picture and copy of birth certificate.
- Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable work-related referees with their reliable contacts.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date of the interview
Method of ApplicationApplication letters should be POSTED or HAND DELIVERED to the Following address on or before 04.00 p.m. on 30 June 2023 (i.e., Deadline for receiving applications)
Chairman of the Board
Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust
Imagi Hill, Ntyuka P O Box 658
Those using e-mail should submit their applications to [email protected]