Chief Finance Officer at NICOL
- Company: NICOL
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION- CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
The National Investments PLC (NICOL) is a public listed company at the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) whose mission is to bring radical enhancement of participation of Tanzanians in their national economy.
As part of its continuous expansion campaign to achieve its mission unlocking long term value to ensure that it manages its investments in a professional way, and in line with international best practices, NICOL intends to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of a Chief Finance Officer.
The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) provides both technical and administrative support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance and administration directorate.
The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to investment analysis, budget management, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding. The CFO will play an advisory role and assist the CEO regarding overall financial management of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable University. Must be a fully qualified Accountant with CPA(T) or ACCA and a member in good standing of a credible professional institute recognized by NBAA.
- The holder of an MBA or any other relevant postgraduate qualification with at least 5 years proven experience in a Group Accounting environment and experience from a listed company will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other local reporting standards.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledgeable about information technology systems, including accounting package such as Sage Evolution, Tally ERP 9 and other office management software.
- Maturity and high professionalism in dealing with Shareholders, other stakeholders, partners, investors, and government officials at all seniority levels.
- Highly motivated, flexible and goal oriented individual able to work and deliver under pressure.
- On a monthly basis, conduct reconciliation for review by the Management.
- Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual budgets, including operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure accurate preparation / reporting of monthly financial results in strict accordance with Company deadlines.
- Ensure all taxation and regulatory/legislative requirements are complied with at all times including DSE, CMSA and other relevant statutes for a listed company.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in monthly management reports, including any future / potential exposures to the company
- Ensure approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure compliance with statutory audit requirements.
- Ensure high integrity of the accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times with sound back-up arrangements.
- Ensure that end of year statutory accounts report is finalized by specified date and accordingly presented to Directors.
- Ensure timely capturing of company and group transactions to reflect latest financial position of the company’s affairs and its subsidiaries.
- In conjunction with the CEO, ensure that the business cash flow adequately supports company work activities and produces optimal results.
- On a monthly basis ensure all statutory dues and returns are submitted within specified timelines.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Department.
- Provide technical input in the preparation of business plans and forecasts to determine the viability and feasibility of new ventures and advise the CEO accordingly.
- Where inconsistencies to reconciliations emerge take immediate remedial action or refer to relevant personnel as appropriate.
- Where required, provide technical assistance/direction to subsidiaries with regards to the preparation of their budgets.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by the CEO.
- There will be an attractive remuneration package.
Method of ApplicationSend in your application with supporting attachments including a detailed CV, three referees, copies of your academic transcripts/relevant professional credentials.
All applications should be marked “CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER” on top of an envelope and submitted to NICOL by post or courier (EMS, CUM, DHL) to the following address.
Chief Executive Officer
National Investments PLC,
Mirambo House, 3rd floor,
50 Mirambo Street, P.O. Box 7465, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 2111399, 0682 720 679
Email: [email protected]
Your application should reach us by 10th March 2022 at 15:30hours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.