Chief Finance Officer at Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania
- Company: Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES, T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKES, T is looking to hire a qualified and experienced candidate for the following positions based in Dar es Salaam:
Chief Finance Officer
The CFO Tanzania will provide leadership in finance, ICT, procurement and general administration in AKES, T. S/he will ensure effective risk management as well as compliance with AKES, T policy and professional standards across functional areas.
The CFO will also provide financial oversight to the overall performance of the organization, driving reviews, upgrades and changes to existing processes, policies, guidelines and systems, to ensure the effective and efficient financial management of AKES, T.
S/he will work closely with the AKES, T CEO in delivering measurable results in order to meet the organization’s strategic goals and mandate as well as contributing to the development, execution and monitoring of the repositioning strategies.
- Drive the annual operational budget cycle of AKES, T, in collaboration with the Head of Education and other Unit Heads.
- Review and strengthen the financial management policies, systems and processes across all units to bring about cohesion and best practice.
- Build capacity of the finance team in AKES, T by providing regular training and mentoring to upgrade staff skills and performance.
- In consultation with the CEO, play a lead role in the development of financial planning for AKES activities in Tanzania, including feasibility and cash flow plans for new schools and programmes.
Reporting, Analysis and Reconciliations
- Supervise the preparation of monthly management and quarterly AKDN reports, commentaries and variance analyses
- Review and approve monthly analyses and reconciliations of all high risk balance sheet and income statement accounts and recommend corrective action where necessary
- Provide budget information and monthly statements of expenditure to Unit Heads.
- Initiate and enforce efficient cash management procedures and controls with effective oversight of bank accounts and maximize interest income.
- Ensure effective monitoring of cash-flows for capital projects, with full accountability of all funds released, and proper documentation.
Procurement, ICT and administration management:
- Provide leadership in planning as well as organization and implementation of the annual procurement, administrative and ICT work plans.
- Ensure total compliance to AKES, T procurement policy as well as Value for Money (VFM) assurance.
- Develop and enforce systems for contracts, facilities and fleet management.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for resource optimization through shared services and purchasing between field units and other AKDN agencies in East Africa.
- Carry out a review of all insurable risks and maintain insurance cover accordingly.
- Enforce the ICT policy and ensure the availability of effective and efficient software and hardware across AKES in Tanzania.
- Ensure safekeeping of contractual and legal documents and records.
Quality Control and Compliance:
- Ensure that all financial management activities conform to best practices and comply with Institutional policies and government legislation, operating and programmatic licensing requirements.
- Review the internal control and risk management systems and suggest improvements to AKS Head Office and the CEO Tanzania, and track the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Regularly review financial reports to ensure the effective functioning, control and integrity of policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the books and records, annual statutory filings, all aspects of inter-company transactions between the Head Office, other AKDN agencies in East Africa, other AKES units and the field units are well maintained and appropriately managed.
- Ensure Compliance with international financial reporting standards and legal & statutory requirements, including with Registrar of Companies and local employment laws.
- A university graduate with professional and internationally recognized qualifications, preferably ACCA or CPA or equivalent Chartered Accountant;
- Worked for or qualified with, a professional accounting firm and a post-grad MBA or similar internationally recognized advance degree or professional qualification in
- At least 15 years of professional experience in relevant field and having held a leadership role in a commercial or not for profit
- Substantial experience in financial management of multiple business units and ideally experience gained in an education organization.
- Knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of business functions and systems, specifically financial.
- Additional experience in operational management, business analysis, audit, and compliance and familiarity with computer-based financial management systems would be valued.
- Willingness to travel as and when needed.
- Cultural awareness, understanding and
- High level of drive and personal motivation, coupled with the presence required to interact effectively with senior personnel across the AKES system and the wider AKDN, as well as at government and non-governmental levels.
- Strong written and spoken English, including reports and proposal writing.
- High degree of professionalism, commitment and
- Clear understanding of strategy, as well as a keen sense of business.
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgment drawing on expertise from others.
Method of ApplicationApplications should include application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position and interest of the position, up dated curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees one must be your current employer.
Closing date: Application letter should reach the undersigned not late than 22nd April, 2022 through email, post or physical submit to the office.
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P O Box 125, DAR ES SALAAM Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE