Chief Executive Officer (CEO at Zanzibar Law Society
- Company: Zanzibar Law Society
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat. The CEO is in charge of building and modeling a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to the executive team, and establish a great working relationship with the Executive Council. S/he is responsible for setting a course for the Society’s strategy, building a strong cooperate image of the organization, building networks and strategic alliance with other players to ensure achievement and enhancement of the society’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the Secretariat.
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy in consultation with the Executive Council.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale at the Secretariat.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Ensuring that the Secretariat serves the needs and interests of the ZLS membership
pursuant to the ZLS Mission statement and the society’s regulations and as directed by the Executive Concil.
- Ensuring that the programs, activities, and services of the Society directly benefit the members and their professional well-being. To this end, the CEO is responsible that members’ problems, issues, and needs are identified, that appropriate programs are developed and operated, and that the necessary resources are available and utilized.
- Building networks, partnerships, and strategic alliances with other players to ensure achievement and enhancement of the organization’s mission.
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for all stakeholders.
- Building a strong corporate image of the organization and maintaining a healthy and productive relationship with all stakeholders.
- Ensure timely reporting to the Executive Council and keep them fully informed of all important influencing factors affecting the Society.
- Assist the Honorary Secretary in setting agenda of council meetings and record minutes.
- Execute all decisions of Council in a timely manner.
Overseeing the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing process for approval of the Executive Council.
Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and narrative progress reports on the activities and programs of the society to the Executive council.
- Ensure implementation of operational policies and a strategic plan
- Regular updating of operational manuals and other regulations for the effective management of the Society.
- Fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Representing the society at various for a, such as meetings, workshops, conferences.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the Executive Council from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse organizational functions such as HR, Litigation, Marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise and manage donors
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a large corporate or centralized institutional legal office.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Good analytical skills-Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex information and produce clear verbal and written reports.
- Knowledge and experience of financial responsibility for a budget, including knowledge of accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors.
- A degree in Law or Business Administration from a reputable university
- Master’s degree in Law or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Between 35 and 45 years of age.
- Computer Skills: extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications/window office package is a must.
- At least 5 years managerial experience in a reputable organization directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Working experience with donor funded organizations is desired.
- Proven leadership experience
Method of ApplicationThe application should be submitted to [email protected] the deadline for receiving applications is on the 24th June 2022 along with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a recent colored photograph, certified academic transcripts and three traceable professional references.
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.