Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at State University of Zanzibar
- Company: State University of Zanzibar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar invites applications from suitably qualified and competent aspirants to be considered to fill the vacant posts of the newly established Presidential
Delivery Bureau of the President’s Office Zanzibar, Tanzania. Duration of Contracts is two (2) years. The reporting Authority of all posts is to the Chief Executive Officer save the CEO who shall report to the Chief Secretary.
Position: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
Required Qualification and Expertise
A reputable transformative leader with a proven track record and experience of conducting similar assignment in other developing countries, with the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Master’s Degree or above in Public Administration, Political Science, Development Studies, Economics, Business Administration or related Social Science.
- At least 5 years’ senior leadership role in public or private sectors.
- At least 10 years’ experience in public service management, public sector reforms, leadership development, strategic management, development management, results-based management.
- Proven track record of successfully driving transformation within the public and/or private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with government, UN agencies, development partners, private sector and other development stakeholders in forging productive working relationships.
- An understanding of Zanzibar’s political and economic environment, preferably with established relationships and networks.
- Strong facilitation, communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations in multicultural environment. ix. Proven experience in advancing new ways of working in organizations. x. Expertise and practical experience in leading and influencing change.
- Demonstrate high level strategic thinking and analytical skills. xii. Strong written and spoken language skills is required. (English and Swahili)
Duties and Responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer
The CEO is the head of the Presidential Delivery Bureau in Zanzibar, responsible for overall management of the Bureau as well as ensuring team alignment, high performance and timely delivery on the priorities. He/she is responsible to:
- Provide strategic advice to H.E. The President and other senior government officials on key delivery agenda and priority areas.
- Lead the PDB in shaping its direction, setting objectives and targets, improving operations and methodologies and in affirming its unique role in the performance management and delivery.
- Institute transformational agenda and sustainable change of culture, within the ‘whole of government’ approach. Spearhead design, implementation and timely delivery of priority projects that would contribute to transformative, sustainable and tangible outcomes and impacts in the broad priority sectors.
- Reports to the President and update him regularly on delivery priorities, progress against targets, emerging issues, and recommendations on the way forward. vi. Facilitate strengthening of the government’s delivery capacity in achieving the Presidential promise for transformation and sustainable development in the isles.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and creation of a strong team of internal experts (coaches and facilitators) who are able to influence transformation of systems, mindset and culture in MDAs.
- Analyse, share lessons and best practices of exemplary models in accelerating public service delivery. Engage with other experts and consultants in applying transformative leadership and rapid results methodologies.
- Engage with development partners and other key stakeholders, on financing of priority projects in Zanzibar.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Applicants must attach copies of relevant academic certificates, current curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from two (2) outstanding academic/work referees and indicate reliable contacts.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants under Public service employment MUST forward their application letters through their respective employers. Failure to do that will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Level Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and for Technical Education should be verified by National Council for Technical Education (NACTE). This is only for Tanzanians.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). This is only for Tanzanians. vi. Applicants with disability are advised to indicate their special needs. vii. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview.
Method of ApplicationApplications should be addressed to-
The Vice Chancellor
State University of Zanzibar
P.O. Box 146, Zanzibar-Tanzania
All applications should be submitted before 25 May, 2022.