Chief Credit Officer at NMB Bank
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Exciting Job Opportunity
Chief Credit Officer
Dar es Salaam
Our client, NMB Bank PLC (NMB) is the leading full service commercial bank in Tanzania. It provides banking services to a customer base reflective of Tanzania as a whole and this includes Government and state-owned institutions, large corporates and institutions, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), civil servants and salaried employees, farmers, and cooperatives, and reaches out to traders and the unbanked.
NMB is looking to recruit a Chief Credit Officer (CCO) who will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Credit, Loan Centre and Special Assets Management functions and providing an oversight to all aspects of lending operations. The CCO will participate in Management and other committee meetings in support of the bank’s overall strategy and in the support of the bank’s day to day operations, ensuring loan portfolio growth, risk management and contribution to earnings. The CCO will also enforce ongoing training in best of breed credit analysis, credit management and data analytic trends.
- Assist the bank in meeting its overall business plan goals and maximizing loan profitability within the bank’s defined risk framework, particularly in relation to portfolio at risk and non-performing loans.
- Develop, implement, and monitor compliance with credit policies, procedures and practices that strategically support the bank’s risk objectives.
- Supervise and coach the teams on credit analysis, credit quality assurance (support and monitor branches in all credit matters), credit admin (loans documentation and collateral, monitoring, collections, and central disbursements of all retail and MSE loans) and special asset management.
- Participate in strategic planning, credit policy development, and credit quality management of the bank.
- Oversee regulatory compliance with BOT regulations in credit domain.
- Submit accurate and timely reports as required by the Board, Board Committees and executive management and regulatory agencies.
- Work with the business units. Compliance & Risk Department and HR to assure that training and education relating to lending rules and regulations are effective.
- Oversee the Special Assets Management department to assure collections and recovery functions are well defined and effective in meeting the overall objectives of the bank.
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Banking, Commerce or any other related field)
- Master’s degree (Accounting, Finance, Investments, Project Management, Business, Economics, Banking, Commerce or any other related field)
- Accounting certification, e.g., CPA/ACCA/CIMA or Lending Certification.
- Post graduate qualifications in banking is an added advantage.
- Proven track record in a heading credit management in banking.
- At least 10 years appropriate experience in banking and/or credit management including relevant credit risk management in a commercial bank with at least 5 years at a senior level in institutions recognized for good credit management with proven successful leadership in any banking portfolio or business.
Method of ApplicationPlease send your CV and a covering letter to:
Stating the reference number 32636. For a full job
description go to www.radarrecruitment.com and
search for the job by reference number. The closing date
for applications is Saturday 17th February 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted