Chief Advisor-Resettlement at Tembo Nickel
- Company: Tembo Nickel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Chief Advisor-Resettlement to join Tembo Nickel Corporation Limited. This role is based at Kabanga site in Ngara. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for the direction and project management of all aspects of the resettlement project and processes, ensuring compliance with local regulations, international standards, NGOs, and best practice. Work closely with various stakeholders, including local communities, government agencies and internal departments, to design and implement effective resettlement strategies that prioritize the well-being and empowerment of affected communities. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The roster for this role is 6X3 period mark.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the strategic planning, project development, implementation, and execution of community resettlement for the Kabanga project.
- Collaborate with internal departments, including operations, legal, environmental and community relations, to ensure alignment of objectives and effective execution of resettlement plans.
- Evaluate and support comprehensive stakeholder mapping and engagement to identify and understand the needs, concerns, and aspirations of affected communities.
- Collaborate with community team on implementation of the community development program that promotes economic, social, and environmental sustainability in the resettlement process.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations, international standards, and best practices in all aspects of the resettlement process.
- Provide expert advice on social impact assessments, land acquisition, livelihood restoration and community consultation processes. Develop and maintain strong relationships with government agencies, NGOs, and other external stakeholders to facilitate effective collaboration and secure necessary approvals.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of resettlement initiatives, providing regular reports to senior management and
- Foster a culture of transparency, trust, and accountability within the resettlement team, promoting ethical conduct and adherence to company policies and guidelines.
A tertiary degree in a relevant field (social sciences, community development, civil engineering, project management) or equivalent experience. Fluency in English. Knowledge of Swahili or other local languages would be advantageous.
Minimum 15-20 years’ experience managing strategic development, implementation, and execution of multimillion dollar complex social and/or infrastructure projects. Proven track record in managing projects with a significant social component, where communities have been key stakeholders.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the Project Management
- Proven and visible leadership capability, with the ability to use a variety of leadership approaches to achieve results.
- Diplomatic with excellent negotiating skills.
- Clear, logical thinker, able to present a compelling business case supported by data and analysis.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
Application closing date is 15th July,2023
Note: We ore committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For and on behalf of Tembo Nickel Corporation: Kabanga Nickel Project.