Chef de Partie – Chinese Chef at Rotana Hotel
- Company: Rotana Hotel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
The purpose of a Asian culinary expat – Chef de Partie is to lead and manage a team of culinary professional in the absence of Executive Sous Chef and ensures all policies procedures ,practices, standards ,costs and operational requirements are in accordance with Rotana Hotels standards and guidelines. To be a culinary market leader and trendsetter in the region and to be recognized as the one of the best hotel in Dar es Salaam and one of the top hotels in Tanzania.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, schedules, assigns, trains, disciplines and monitors the work of the Asian culinary,
participates in the preparation of foods as required. Instructs colleagues in new methods, techniques and procedures in the dining preparation.
- Coordinates culinary activities with other hotel supervisors and managers as required i.e plans and manages the meal programs of the outlet. Evaluates the quality of raw food and finish products with attention to presentation and quality.
- Effectively maintains sanitation code adherence in kitchen and storage.
- Must be able to effectively delegate and execute orders given by the Executive Sous Chef.
- Assists and creates menu and meal planning and maintains portion and food cost controls.
- Works closely with the Executive Sous Chef to develop seasonal, promotions, and special event menus as required. Develops daily specials in accordance with market trends, member preferences and nutritional consideration, create recipes, determine appropriate ingredients and specify individual serving portions for each recipe.
- Monitors, participates and coordinates preparation of food and supply orders; estimates food, supply, equipment and staff requirements according to menus and estimates number to be served in a fiscally responsible manner. Assures proper labeling and storage of foods and supplies.
- Responsible for supervising Purchasing in the purchase of food and supplies.
- Inspects equipment and facilities to assure proper use, safety, maintenance and sanitation.
- Responds to inquiries from members, and guests as required.
- Attends daily line up meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Directs kitchen operations in the outlet and mentoring collegues.
- Manages all functions of the food production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation.
- Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
- Issuing of food
- Quality and presentation of food products
- Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Guest satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships.
Conducts such functions as, performance evaluation, coaching, counseling to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
- Develops with the Training Manager training plans, develops training material in accordance with Rotana Hotel guidelines and implements training plans for the food production employees.
- Develops and maintains up-dated operations manuals for all food preperation sections within the hotel.
- Develops popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with Rotana Hotel guidelines.
- Plans and organizes with successful food activities in the hotel and overseas.
- Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results.
- Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
- Makes recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of menu dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operation.
- Keeps an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on the following Food Production matters:
- Recipes Standards
- Personnel Training
- Outlets Promotions
- Meetings Projects
- Material and Equipment
- Sets Food Production goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies.
- Sets standards of food and equipment purchases in accordance with Rotana Hotel guidelines.
- Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel food and beverage operation.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Professional and well trained manner
- Good english language skills
- Good grooming
- Disciplined performer
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel and its facilities, services and products.
- Always present and preserve the image of the company through correct behavior and attitude in dealing with colleagues and customers.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th August, 2023.