Chef at Embalakai Camp
- Company: Embalakai Camp
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Vacancy title: CHEF
Type: FULL TIME
Deadline of this Job: 31st December 2022
Industry: Hospitality and Tourism
Duty Station: NGORONGORO
Date Posted: December 13th, 2022.
Base Salary: TSH 300,000/= up to TSH 500,000/=
Department: FIELD OPERATIONS
Reports to: CAMP MANAGER and OPERATIONS MANAGER
To oversee all operation of kitchen and to be responsible for providing meals for guests, visitors, or clients.
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities);
To include, but are not limited to;
1) Supervise and coordinate the kitchen staff.
2) Plan Menus and prepare all necessary meals and snacks for all guests, visitors, or clients of the Company.
3) Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies.
4) Oversee and monitor the other staff (Waiters and Dishwasher) on how to plan, prepare and deliver the menu proposed
5) Regularly check freshness of food and ingredients.
6) Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the kitchen.
7) Follow proper sanitation and safety procedures.
8) Assign and delegate tasks to kitchen assistant/s.
9) Daily monitoring and maintaining of hygiene in the food preparation and service area in line with company standards
10) Be willing and prepared to meet special food requirements for both campers and staff; e.g. gluten free and vegetarian diets;
11) Other duties as assigned by the Camp Manager, Operation manager and Managing Director.
• Studies according to the position
• High level of English speaking
• Leadership skills, guest oriented, strong communication skills
• Team-orientation, loyalty and excellent leadership skills
• Flexibility, commitment, dedication, and reliability
• Good manners and a positive attitude
• A hospitable and service-oriented attitude
• Age in between 25-45 yrs old.