Checker Operator at AB InBev
- Company: AB InBev
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
The key purpose of this role is to load, unload and stack materials safely and to standard whilst maintaining our governance and customer service standards.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
- To ensure the vehicle is always maintained in good running order by observing maintenance schedule and filling pre-inspection form prior to every trip.
- Ensure that the forklift is operated and maintained in optimal condition.
- Ensure that fuel and fluids are at acceptable operating levels.
Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental Standards
- To ensure that company and legal stacking regulations are adhered to.
- Adherence to and maintenance of site housekeeping standards.
- Wearing the correct PPE at all times as designated by site and area
Loading and Unloading Activities
- Load summary is used to load correct quantities of split and full pallets
- To ensure loading/unloading of products is done as per processes, all products are counted, both at load location and unload locations, and delivery documents are duly signed and issued
Stock Quality Management
- Ensure adherence to warehouse stock age standards by means of applying stock rotation principles.
- Ensures quality control through checking packaging on warehouse floor prior to loading
- Participate in handover processes before and after every shift
- Accurate daily stock counts, duly signed off.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with Inventory Analyst/Clerk and or Stocks and Settlement Officer.
- To observe standard provided for fuel usage per hour, reduce idling time, no excessive breaking etc.
- To ensure breakages and missing bottles are eliminated to zero by following safe driving principles
- To ensure pre-trip inspection forms are filled out accurately.
- Accurate fuel records are kept, and fuel reports submitted on time as per process.
- On time submission of any DPO related reports and requirements, such as reporting of SIO’s.
- Accurate stock count sheets are submitted on time and duly signed
Production Continuity (where applicable)
- Load empties and raw materials onto production lines whilst ensuring optimal productivity
- Remove and stack finished goods from line to bin whilst ensuring optimal line productivity
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change effectively
- Computer literate
- Basic knowledge of automobile engineering
- Form IV with certificate in driving from NIT
- Valid forklift driver license–Class E & D from Sumatra
- Minimum of 3 years experience in operating double handler forklifts
- Minimum of 3 years experience driving Heavy Goods Vehicles
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 31 May 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE