12 Jan 2023
Channel Manager at NMB Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Responsible for making sure the bank covers the ground with the right mix of channels (NMB Wakalas, ATMs, Branches, CCPs, Mobile banking, etc.) in a manner which will competitively optimize revenue and minimize costs
- Ensure there is a unified (common goal) strategy for a mix of channels required in the zone with the aim of achieving high revenue and minimal costs of operations taking into account population, GDP, competition, etc.
- Conduct a detailed monthly performance review of channel mix per location from the zone level, region level, district level, and ultimately to ward level; and present what the numbers indicate, for the bank to make informed channel decisions.
- Acquire on-ground market insights, dynamics, competition, opportunities and come up with plans to bridge the gaps in the market and ensure NMB’s leadership in footprint, channel offerings and reliability
- Keep a zonal dashboard of channels (Branch, ATMs, Wakala, Mobile, Internet) paired with competitor channels per location; and monitor usage, visibility, and incidences
- Work with Physical Channels Distribution Managers at HQ in assessing physical channel changes (Branch, ATM, CCPs) proposed by branch network by making physical visits backed by documented visit reports with action recommendations
- Ensure the ATMs maintain their targets for Cash availability, Uptime, and Transactions for all branches in the zone; and coordinate the fixes timely whenever necessary.
- Drive revenue of channels by ensuring the zone reaches its targets for activated ATM cards and Mobile banking registrations; and ensuring accounts are opened around existing Wakalas’ locations
- Drive NMB Wakala distribution strategy in the zone through coordinated initiatives with branches in order to ensure agents are recruited in optimal, strategic locations so that the bank gets profitable agents at the right locations
- Ensure agents get optimal support of their POS device operations be it replacements, troubleshooting, repairs, effective SIM cards, stationeries, software updates, etc.
- Ascertain and approve optimal POS reallocations, terminations for underperforming agents, pointing Super Wakala, pointing Wakala Cash Collection Points (CCP) based on thorough assessment of agents’ business strengths
- Support other business units through customized solutions provided by agents for in-demand scenarios such as Wakala CCP placements, fee collections at exhibitions and events, etc by ensuring channel readiness to support and execution
- Organize and run thorough and effective Road show campaigns and Wakala Seminars across the zone for AML trainings, business dialogues, updates, feedbacks, etc.
- In liaison with branches, monitor and coordinate initiatives and activities to ensure every single agent on ground is compliant to regulations, procedures, controls, customer service, and operational KPIs.
- Maintain a healthy professional relationship with landlords, aggregators and agents especially based on categories and their critical levels, even if when they are supported in socio media platforms
- Build capacity of branches and their champions through visit for updates and training of trainers (ToT) to ensure their agents and operators are trained periodically; able to troubleshoot during basic incidences; and manage agent disputes
- Work systematically by having documented weekly plans shared to Team Leaders and Zonal Manager; and similarly for all special events like exhibitions or Wakala seminars, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Business acumen
- Agency network growth and support
- Solution oriented and agility
- Reporting and presentations Skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Capable and experienced of driving vehicle with minimum of driving license Class D
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Banking, Finance or Business-related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in driving profitability in Agency network and increasing footprint in the Banking industry or Mobile Network Operator (MNO)
- Prior experience in the field operations relating to building an agency network
- Business analysis practice (good knowledge of MS Excel) will be added advantage
- Experience in driving long distances with a manual carNMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 25-Jan-2023
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th January, 2023.