Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer (CCP – FO) at Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), The Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in vacant positions for AFYA HATUA project in Dar es salaam HQ, and Shinyanga Regions:
Position Title Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer (CCP – FO) 1 position
Reports to Regional Program Manager
Location Shinyanga Region
Overall Job Function: The CCP-FO will assist the THPS Cervical Cancer Prevention unit in overseeing the planning, implementation and monitoring the MoHCDGEC and CDC cervical cancer prevention program in Shinyanga region and ensure that the program achieves its goals in all THPS supported health facilities. The CCP-FO will work with the THPS program teams to ensure that the program follows national protocols and standards. S/he is expected to cover extensive travel to all THPS supported facilities within the region.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Liaise closely with the Regional and District health authorities in implementation of the cervical cancer screening program in the region.
- Build working relationship and provide technical support to Shinyanga Regional and Council Health Management Teams (RHMT and CHMTs) in planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in the region.
- Build capacity of the health facility staff to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies including C02 and 5% vinegar are available.
- Orient PEs and auxiliary staff on cervical cancer screening in order to mobilize women.
- Work with available community support structures/authorities to mobilize and sensitize the communities in the region to participate in the program.
- Organize and facilitate training of health care providers on cervical cancer screening and cryotherapy.
- Organize stake holder’s meetings/joint supportive supervision biannually.
- Organize and coordinate outreach services to needy communities to reach the desired prevention goal of cervical cancer
- Explore the integration of cervical cancer screening in postpartum care,Family planning, PMTCT, HT, CTC STI services and outreach services
- Work with other programs within THPS such as PMTCT, HTS/EID, CTC and APSC to mobilize and sensitize clients and integrate the cervical screening and treatment services within the existing programs.
- Supervise and mentor health care worker providers at sites implementing Cervical Cancer Prevention program.
- Track and document lessons leant and best practices during the implementation of the program.
- Build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis
- Provide reports to regional team leader/coordinator, regularly at required intervals
- Ensure DHIS data of all supported sites and outreach sites reports monthly timely in collaboration with DRCHCos and DHIS focal persons within the districts and RRCHCo and RHIMs
- Carry out other relevant tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Prepare weekly, monthly progress reports, budgets, and work plans, particularly those pertaining to CCP
- Provide data and a summary report on a timely basis for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annually reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Medicine, or Nursing or equivalent from recognized Universities. *
- At least 3 years’ experience in cervical cancer screening.
- Experience in LEEP services, VIA TOT, CCS, HTS and PMTCT-EID program is added advantage
- Experience in community sensitization and mobilization.
- Experience in data management, monitoring and supervision.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of public functions and operations in government and/or NGO services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Good intellectual and human skill capacity to engage and work with individuals with different characters
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by November 28th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example:”Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer”.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online. THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.