Cash Officer at KCB Bank Tanzania Limited
- Company: KCB Bank Tanzania Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title CASH OFFICER
Organization Name KCB BANK TANZANIA LIMITED
KCBT Stone town branch is among the fourteen branch of KCBT this branch is located at Zanzibar Malindi Street. The branch positioned in a very strategic area near Zanzibar port, branch as at 31/12/219 has 4954 customers with Asset book amounting to 22Bil and Liability book amounting to 29Bil, Zanzibar region for now is a business area in which most of the business transactions are done within this area which lead to stiff competition in business especially in banking industry, as almost all banks have branch within the area.
The role holder is responsible for maintaining custody of cash in the branch and the strong room
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: MUST NOT BE MORE THAN 10
1. Manage counter services to ensure efficient service is delivered to customers.
2. Manage ATMs to ensure that they are operational at all times and replenished with new/serviceable notes.
3. Maintain custodian cash in the branch and the strong rooms
4. To ensure that cash holding limits are maintained both in reserve and with the cashier’s tills.
5. To authorize cash payments and withdrawals above the Section Heads’/cashiers’ limits.
6. To monitor and provide adequate currency notes to cashiers for counter service.
7. To ensure that cash held is adequately insured at all times.
8. Control and supervise the confirmation and sealing of cash deposited by cashiers into reserve.
9. Control and maintain reserve cash within approved limits for the branch.
10. Collect or receive excess foreign currency from cashiers for lodgement.
11. Supervise confirmation and packing of foreign currency for repatriation.
12. Respond to cash related customers’ correspondence.
13. Ensure that customers’ cash requisitions are prepared promptly.
14. Ensure that customers’ cash vouchers together with relevant cash summaries are ticked for validation purposes.
15. Take stock of cash in the safe and ensure that soiled notes and excess local or foreign currency in reserve are repatriated.
16. Make follow up on any cash related suspense entries.
Lodge cash in the strong room whenever necessary
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES: NOT MORE THAN 5 OF THE MOST TYPICAL
1. Responsible for cash movements into and out of reserve
2. Ensure maintenance of proper records and control of the following registers
a) Reserve cash register.
b) Foreign currency register
c) Cross entries.
d) Lodge cashiers tills in the safe at end of day.
e) Ensure that cashiers balance their cash against cash analysis reports on daily basis
f) Ensure preparation of the overall cash summary on daily basis.
Bachelor degree from any recognized institution
Method of Application
Closing Date : 29th July, 2020.
NOTE: If Application link doesn't not open correctly It's due to KCB system error not us, so please be patient and try again later.