Case Management Orthopedic Technician at HelpAge International
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Case Management Orthopedic Technician (One position)
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Case Management Orthopaedic Technician for the Kigoma Region, Tanzania.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To work with people with disabilities and their families to determine their needs for assistive devices, facilitate access to assistive devices and ensure maintenance, repair and replacement when necessary. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring their work respects the Minimum Standards for Age and Disability Inclusion (ADCAP) in ensuring people of all ages with special needs are included and involved in the activities. Moreover, will be response to build capacity of the Incentive workers to mid-level Orthopaedic technicians using an approved curriculum.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for Person with Specific Needs and be able to address their needs for our key audiences to support our reporting. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Kibondo Office including incentive staff.
- A Degree in Orthopaedic Technologist or its Equivalent from a Government recognized institution.
- Member of the National Association of Occupational Therapy. Working knowledge of the CBR Wheelchair training manual
- Experience in inclusive Age and Disability programing and CBR models
- 2-4 years’ experience in the refugee response with hands-on service delivery to PSN
- Excellent technical understanding of working with older people and people with disability
- Able to coach, mentor and train staff to undertake
- Good Computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Able to communicate both In English and Swahili languages. Knowledge of one or two Burundian refugee’s languages is a plus.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing in English
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Method of ApplicationCandidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description to [email protected]. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how you meet the key competencies by email to: [email protected] copy to [email protected]
Applications should be sent not later than Friday 12th August 2021. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Certificates are not needed at this stage.