Case Management Officer (CMO) at Rafiki-sdo (Achieve Project)
- Company: Rafiki-sdo (Achieve Project)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy non-Governmental and non-profit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Currently Rafiki-SDO is implementing projects in 5 regions and 14 Councils in Tanzania mainland including Shinyanga ,Geita ,Kigoma, Rukwa, and Mara regions and funded by different donors.
Rafiki-SDO in partnership with PACT implement the USAID Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE). ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. As part of its strategy, ACHIEVE is working to prevent and respond to gender-based violence and to empower youth to own their own future.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
JOB TITLE: Case Management Officer (CMO) – (1 POST)
Office location: Mara Region
Work station: Bunda TC & Serengeti DC
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 12 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package Position Summary:
The overall purpose of Case Management Officer position is to provide strategic leadership and management of National Integrated Case Management System (NICMS) function at CSO and council level. The job holder will ensure high quality case management services are offered to OVC caregivers and Children and Adolescents living with HIV.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee Case Worker Coordinators and provide overall leadership for case management activities.
Share direct supervision responsibilities of Community Case Workers (CCWs), Lead Case Workers (LCWs) and Community Health Workers (CHWs) with Case Management Coordinators.
Disseminate and ensure adherence to case management, child protection, referral and linkages, parenting, and M&E guidance, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other job-aids that facilitate holistic case management at the household/community levels.
- Ensure that case management services delivered address the holistic needs of OVC and caregivers including health, nutrition, education, protection, livelihoods, and psycho-social well-being.
- Conduct quality step-down trainings to Case Management Coordinators and CCWs.
- Regularly monitor case management activities and use the information to improve case management quality and implementation.
- Ensure CCWs complete required case management forms and ensure case filing system is developed and maintained.
- Work in partnership with local government authorities as appropriate, including but not limited to District Executive Directors (DEDs), Council Health Management Teams (CHMTs), District Social Welfare Officers (DSWOs), and Ward-level officials.
- Create community linkages for broader community engagement of youth and caregivers in case management, child protection, parenting, etc.
- Map existing community cadres (Community Health Workers, Home-Based Care Workers, Para-Social Workers, etc.) in communities and assist government officials to recruit and select CCWs for the National Integrated Case Management System (NICMS) Training for CCWs.
- Ensure that all CCWs are oriented to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct; take all cases of child abuse seriously and follow national protocols to ensure timely reporting.
- Ensure CCWs are coordinating with local structures including health facilities and NPA-VAWC Committees.
- Lead the development of a service directory for social services (in coordination with the Health and HIV services Officer) in implementation areas; update the directory at least once per quarter.
- Ensure that Case Management Coordinators are providing continuous mentoring and support to CCWs; directly conduct supportive supervision to Case Management Coordinators and CCWs.
- Submit timely updates to the Program Manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Document specific case management lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Minimum required Qualifications, Experience and Skills Education:
- Diploma in Social Work or Public Health. Diploma in Community Development, Community Economic Development (CED), may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in the above-mentioned fields will be an added advantage.
- Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information
Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English including excellent training skills in working with adult learner leaners, particularly at the community level.
Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constantly or close supervision
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
- At least two (2) years’ experiences in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming.
- Experience in Home Based Care (HBC), National Integrated Case Management Systems (NICMS), PEPFAR OVC/MVC differentiated care of services etc. is preferred.
- Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
- Experience implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
- Experience in an Appreciative Inquiry (AI) approach in development and social work.
Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but is not limited to, cost for submitting an application and other communications related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform only those successful, if you do not hear back from Rafiki-SDO two weeks from the date of release of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful, Thank you for your interest in Rafiki-SDO work in Tanzania and for supporting national initiatives to saving lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted</strong
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 177, MUSOMA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to [email protected], via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Musoma office located at Bweri near Maduka Tisa.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line. Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be on Monday, 19th September 2022, 17:00 Hrs