13 Dec 2021
Cargo Sales Officer x2 at Air Tanzania Company Limited
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Air Tanzania Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: CARGO SALES OFFICER (2 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATION AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Degree in Business Administration/Air Transport Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must have two years (2) working experience in sales in highly competitive business environment
- Background in aviation industry and/or possession of aviation related certification will be an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and supervise cargo sales activities from all stations
- Verify and sign cargo damage reports.
- Oversee Ramp staff are advised on the cargo to be uplifted on each flight
- Supervise the Handling agent (at some stations) performs all activities as perTC recommended procedures.
- Prepare periodical reports
- Assist in preparation of budget inputs
- Handle general cargo and Post Office mail bags at point of origin
- Check incoming cargo and mail against the cargo manifest
- prepare arrival advices for all received cargo as per cargo manifest
- Accept cargo from shippers and prepare for carriage all shipments from agents.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints and restore customer confidence where there has been service failure
- Handle acceptance of coffins, perishables and courier shipments
- Monitor market trends, competitors’ activities and special deals and recommend strategies and marketing activities to counter the competition
- Maintain sales call records and statistics (rates, volumes, revenues, yield, seasonal variations) and produce periodic performance reports on existing accounts, including recommendations to maximise client support
- Forward invoicing particulars to Finance department.
- Manifest all shipments accepted
- Five (5) years contract with remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:-
A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), birth certificate and other relevant certificates/ licenses. Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs
Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
CLOSING DATES: The application letters should reach the undersigned within fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement.
The application letters should be directed to the following address: –
MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 December 2021.