Career Guidance Officer at The School of St Jude
- Company: The School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Career Guidance Officer
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you interested in assisting and coaching students on emotional intelligence, career guidance and proper typing techniques? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a 100% free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- A qualified Emotional Intelligence educator for students between ages 7-18
- Passionate about young people and want to be part of shaping a better generation in their future careers and emotional intelligence
- A qualified Typing teacher experienced in teaching young students between ages 15-18
- Passionate about computer literacy skills
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about impacting lives through career guidance and skills necessary to achieve a desired career/future
What you’ll do
- Provide full Emotional Intelligence program at 60- 80hours for Standard 7 students in October, Form 2 in November, Form 4 in January-April, and other classes and times as may be identified.
- Adapt and edit the EI curriculum so that we have a different curriculum and lesson plans etc. to suit different age groups
- Facilitate Career lessons to Form 2, 4 and A-level students as per given timetable.
- Support the Careers team to design and implement the Career Magazine for students and alumni.
- Teach students the mechanics of using a keyboard to type on a computer for example how to correctly type data, text, and symbols using all fingers
- Teaching typing speed and accuracy with a target of 50 WPM and 98- 100% Accuracy on QWERTY keyboards.
- Give standard typing tests to measure students’ progress gradually from Beginners, Intermediate and advanced levels
What we’re looking for
- Educational psychology background or counselling psychology
- Typing speed and accuracy at least 80WPM with over 98% accuracy and excellent computer related skills – Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Time management and proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills, time management, and ability to work independently
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationSend your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/SP/04/22)
Applications close on 20th September 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!