Capacity Building Specialist- D4D Tanzania at ME&A
- Company: ME&A
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position Name: Capacity Building Specialist
Position Type: Full Term
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
ME&A is seeking a Capacity Building Specialist who will support the anticipated Data for Development (D4D) project activities focusing on capacity building of a range of stakeholders in Tanzania that include USAID Mission CORs/AORs, USAID Implementing Partners (IPs), Data for Development Partners and Data for Development Staff, and GOT staff in relevant organizations. The position holder will also assist the other components as needed to link their activities to other stakeholders the project interacts with. This will become increasingly important as the project disseminates its outputs to a wider range of stakeholders.
As the Capacity Building Specialist, you will be responsible for the following functions, tasks and deliverables:
- Assess capacity building skills needs of Data for Development stakeholders.
- Design and implement the capacity building annual plans based on the assessment of needs.
- Support the management and coordination of all activities related to Capacity Building which include training, learning, and skills development activities promoted by the mission.
- Contribute to curriculum development in your area of expertise.
- Support evaluation and data quality assessment activities and report writing as needed.
- Contribute to Annual and Quarterly Report preparation.
- Contribute to the development of publications and communications as needed.
- Contribute to Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MEL) Workshops for USAID Mission, USAID Implementing Partners, and other strategic Stakeholders and Partners.
- Conduct other Capacity Building tasks as assigned
- The position will report to the Learning Advisor in the performance component.
- A Masters in social sciences or relevant field with at least 8 years of relevant experience, or Masters in similar fields with at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- At least five years of experience working in the development sector with focus on capacity building, preferably in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)Experience working with international organizations, preferably USAID/Tanzania including coordination and conduct of capacity building and facilitation.
- Extensive experience in strategic Capacity and Organizational Development in cooperation with international development partners in the context of East Africa.
- Experience using and training on computer applications relating to portal-based data entry, verification, aggregation and reporting, as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills in English (a recent writing sample will be required) Ability to work as an integral part of a professional team, set priorities and handle a high volume of activities
- Experience using innovative training and capacity building methodologies is highly preferred.
- Tanzania citizenship required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2022.