Capacity Building Advisor at SoCha
- Company: SoCha
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a US-registered, veteran-owned small business with staff support offices in Nairobi, Bangkok and Mauritius. SoCha currently supports multiple foreign assistance interventions across Asia and Africa.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the USAID/Tanzania Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity. The purpose of the Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation activity is to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
To support the associated MEL services on this activity, SoCha seeks a full-time, qualified Capacity Building Advisor.
**Suitably skilled Tanzanian citizens and residents are encouraged to apply.**
Scope of Work:
Illustrative Functions of the Position
The Capacity Building Advisor will:
- Lead the identification of local research organizations working on development issues related to youth;
- Identify opportunities to support locally designed and driven research projects;
- Provide funding, training, mentorship, and tools to enhance the skills of local entities undertaking locally-led research on issues of importance to USAID/Tanzania;
- Monitor improvements in the capacity of local organizations to design and undertake research and implement development activities;
- Support the publication and dissemination of any research resulting from the project activities, and
- Work with the Chief of Party (COP) in ensuring that evaluation information is shared and utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- An advanced degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a relevant field.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in leading MEL capacity building, facilitation, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing capacity and performance assessment diagnostic tools.
- Experience in leading design and measurement of strategy.
- Technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning frameworks.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Prior experience in training, support and mentorship of local staff.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with some in-country travel.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st August, 2022.