Camp Manager at Six Rivers Africa
- Company: Six Rivers Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- CAMP MANAGER
Six Rivers Africa (SRA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to protect, restore and preserve wilderness areas, and increase the wildlife population, so that the flora and fauna can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Six Rivers Africa is looking for an experienced Camp Manager to be based in Nyerere National Park, Kilombero to enforce, maintain and contribute to the maintenance, improvement and expansion of the high standards and offerings set for their Research Camp. It is a full-time position, and the key requirements are high and accurate performance, stamina, strong organizational ability, and excellent leadership qualities with experience in managing large teams.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Camp Manager will be responsible to ensure that the camp systems, facilities, activities, the staff, and visitors work together in a smooth, safe, and harmonious manner so as to ensure that guests have a memorable stay. The role will likewise require skills pertaining to control and management of assets and the environmental care.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage all daily, weekly, and monthly operations of the front of house
- To ensure all guests are well received the best possible hospitality compliant with the high standards of the organization.
- To maintain strong relationships with the surrounding communities and neighbors.
- Ensure proper communication within the department by conducting regular meetings with the staff.
- To maintain strong cooperation and communication with heads of departments and their teams.
- Oversee financial procedures and ensure strict control in accordance with approved budgets in coordination with the Senior Accountant.
- Ensure general data is accurate, timely and consolidated interdepartmental reports must be generated on time to measure the performance of the individual departments.
- Manage and ensure all guestrooms, public areas, back of the house areas are clean and well maintained.
- Organize periodic training for back of house staff on proper procedures on how to handle visitors.
- Manage and ensure compliance with Health and safety including protection of all guests, staff, property, and equipment (all organization assets to be managed to limit potential loss to SRA).
- Recommend service improvements to the management.
- Manage Camp Supervisor to ensure that rooms are kept clean, free from hazards, risks and address any danger may be harmful to the property, guests, and staff.
- Experience as a camp manager preferable.
- Good organizational and logistical skills.
- Effective at crisis management and good at making instant decisions.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Possess drive and commitment.
- Passionate about camps and love for the bush life.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of lodge operating systems is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Highly energetic and proactive.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and report-writing skills.
- Good knowledge on the following HR, Logistics/resupply, Some bush/guide knowledge, Admin/financial understanding, Local language, Menus, food quality and food presentation