Camp Coordination and Camp Management Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Camp Coordination and Camp Management Officer
Founded in 1956, The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities – in more than 40 countries around the world. DRC has been implementing emergency response projects in Tanzania since the onset of the Burundi refugee crisis in 2015 in three refugee camps in the Kigoma Region at the border with Burundi. DRC’s integrated projects for refugees, asylum seekers and host communities comprise sectors such as Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Protection (CBP, PSN, GBV, CP and Legal), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter and infrastructure, and Economic Recovery.
Overall purpose of the role:
A Camp Management Officer, under the management and supervision of a Camp Management Team Leader and in close collaboration with other government and humanitarian colleagues will be responsible for direct implementation of camp management activities in the camp
Geographic scope: Tanzania-Kigoma Region
This role has a focus on Tanzania and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
• Supervise refugee incentive workers
• Monitor and support the coordination of services and Management in the camp like CRI distribution and site management activities.
• Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums
• Oversee and ensure that NFI distributions are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner
• Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general
• Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, and ensure community participation and mobilization in camp management
• Ensure diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across all sectors
• Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors
• Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC Code of Conduct (CoC)
• Write reports as required by Team Leader
• Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported
• Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees
• Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by Manager/Team Leader
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in areas relevant to Community Organization, Humanitarian Work, Humanitarian Protection
• Diploma in any relevant field with experience in Camp Coordination and Camp Management work
• At least 2-3 years of work experience in humanitarian displacement situation
• Demonstrated previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
• Flexibility in working hours when needed
• Excellent Communication skills
• Proven computer literacy skills (Microsoft Word and Excel
• Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect
• Ability to communicate and write reports in English
• Language ability in Kiswahili, kibembe, Kiha and Kirundi are considered and as added advantage
• Compliance and Detail-oriented
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
• Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
• Understands humanitarian issues in Tanzania, and the region
• Willing to travel to project sites in Tanzania
Reporting to: Camp Coordination and Camp Management Team Leader
Technical line manager: Camp Coordination and Camp Management Manager
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Camp Coordination and Camp Management
Location: Nyarugusu camp
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
DRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff within its programs. As such, we strongly encourage national and diaspora candidates to apply for this position. However, candidates should take into consideration that DRC cannot employ, under an international contract, a national of the country in which he or she will be working (in this case, the United Republic of Tanzania)
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE