Cable Construction, Infrastructure & Quality Assurance Manager at SimbaNet
- Company: SimbaNet
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
SimbaNET Tanzania Limited is part of the Wananchi Group and one of East Africa’s leading Internet, data, TV services and multimedia communication solutions providers.
We operate in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi & UAE. However, we offer services in other countries such as Rwanda, Burundi, SA, Mozambique, Nigeria, Ghana, South Sudan, DRC through our partners
Our client list includes some of East Africa’s largest banks, regional Hotel chains; insurance, Education Institutions; ISPs and several Government Ministries, Institutions and Agencies. Our core focus is delivering very high uptime based, managed services with strict compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLAs). We ensure our customers 99.9% uptime and provide seamless around the clock support.
SimbaNET is part of Wananchi Group and a leading Internet and data solutions providers in Tanzania & East Africa.
We are looking for a Cable Construction, Infrastructure & Quality Assurance Manager Oversee infrastructure field work, design, planning, construction, expansions, roll out, optimization and timely proactive maintenance in strict adherence to turnaround times (TAT) and service level agreement (SLAs) ininfrastructure projects, service delivery and service restoration. He/She will be reporting to Head of Technical.
- Closely manage contractor performance, efficiency and cost.
- Work closely with finance, procurement and stores to ensure no material inventory stock out and delays.
- Ensure outside plant and service delivery quality control in adherence to the infrastructure build guidelines.
- Manage infrastructure and service delivery documentation.
- Proactively identify areas of optimization, QoS improvement and preventive maintenance.
- Work with commercial and sales teams in all efforts to increase service penetration.
- Work with customer experience team to ensure customer retention.
- Manages incidents and infrastructure change request process, document reason for outage (RFO), perform root cause analysis (RCA) for the WCT network.
- Ensures all invoicing is scrutinized as per the agreed terms, SOW, SLA and QC checks
- Ensures compliance with local regulatory authorities i.e. TCRA, TARURA and TANROADS.
- Team management and leadership with excellent presentation and communication skills. [ Conversant with FTTx, mainly FTTH solution design and deployment.
- Basic knowledge of IP network.
- Conversant with budgeting, Capex and Opex management
- Hands on training on fiber optic outside plant design, installation and splicing best practices.
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT).
- Certified Fiber Optic Design Specialist (CFOD/S).
- B.Sc. in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Electronics science.
- CCNA /JNCIA / CCNP /JNCIS-ISP certifications are added advantage.