Buyers x2 at Tembo Nickel
- Company: Tembo Nickel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
BUYER (2) -NGARA& DAR ES SALAAM
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Buyers to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role will be responsible for procurement of goods and services. The successful candidate will play a key role to ensure timely procurement of goods and services required by various internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate must demonstrate a high level of integrity and teamwork.
The successful candidate will report to the Procurement Manager.
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara and Dar Es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate MRP daily, generate purchase orders in a timely manner, resolve material issues/shortages, support responsible inventory management practices and reporting to help achieve KPI goals.
- Negotiate pricing and terms for parts and services and establishes strategic stocking plans and/or blanket purchase agreements with vendors, subject to management approval.
- Manage day to day relationship ownership of active suppliers and assess supplier risk and develop mitigation plans.
- Maintain accurate supplier and part information in SAP/Pronto.
- Acquiring quotations from Third Party and Tembo Nickel vendors.
- Review purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
- PO Creation and Transmittal & PO related services for multiple segments of Tembo Nickel.
- Assist in execution of PO changes.
- Delivery follow-ups and PO confirmation with Supplier.
- PO status tracking and expediting.
- PO closeout support during project finalization
- Support sourcing options for non-critical parts (i.e., distribution for standard parts).
- Supervise PO status reports and work to resolve discrepancies
- Support invoice processing via purchasing tools.
- Support Purchasing Master Data efforts like new vendor and material master creation.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or Business Administration.
- 5 years of work experience in procurement or as a Buyer.
- Conversant with procurement systems like SAP, pronto etc.
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills. Strategic sourcing, opportunity analysis, and highly effective communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with various cross functional teams.
- Membership of PSPTB is mandatory.
- Excellent knowledge of local content legislation is an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
Application closing date is 30th October,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.