Business & Strategy Analyst at Absa Bank
- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
This role requires the holder to work closely with the Chief of Staff & Strategy to develop the strategic agenda, deliver key priorities and help set the tone of execution for the bank’s short term and long-term plans.
Also, this role requires the holder to support Chief of Staff & Strategy to oversee the implementation of the in-country strategy, in line with the direction and approval of Executive Committee (EXCO), NBC Board, Group Regional Operations and economic analysis.
The role involves business analysis, research, performance measurement and New Product Development.
The individual will need to make sure plans are implemented and decisions are acted upon and key stakeholders fulfil their commitments. The holder will be judged on the ability to drive the bank forward and to build sustainable incremental value both in terms of revenue and risk management. The job holder will be the key driver to assist the Chief of Staff & Strategy to embed efficiency, productivity at all levels of the business and work closely with the various stakeholders to embed NBC quality reporting to EXCO as well as Group.
Facilitate the day-to-day running of Executive Office as well as track implementation of longer term strategic initiatives as agreed in EXCO, Senior Management Forums and NBC Board.
Strategy Development & Execution
- Provide one-to-one support to the Chief of Staff & Strategy and the Managing Director in developing and driving business strategy, and actively participate in supporting strategy execution.
- Assist Chief of Staff & Strategy to create and deliver strategic presentations, and business reviews including EXCO papers, Board papers, Regional and Group reports.
- Identify business critical issues across the Country through regular review, recommend best practices and coordinate cross-functional teams to improve business performance
- Communicate, help drive and monitor progress against key performance management initiatives
- Assist to identify and drive new revenue streams for NBC Bank, with specific responsibility for planning, execution and coordination of these efforts
- Carry out assurance reviews and advise management of outcomes and areas of improvement
- Ensure plans are implemented and decisions are acted upon and key stakeholders fulfil their commitments.
- Continuously review performance of business units / products across the bank and ensure an optimal mix of products / customer segments for the bank’s strategic ambitions
- Coordinate Market Research, Economic Analysis, Sector, and industry studies for purposes of spearheading Innovation and Product Innovation by the Bank.
Performance Management and productivity analysis
- Synchronize budgeting process and work with the segment heads to develop individual objectives
- Develop and analyze performance scorecards and dashboards metrics to drive decision making
- Work closely with finance to analyze country, segment and product performance
- Continuously seek to improve the usage, accuracy and application of Customer Profitability Reporting with the ultimate aim of ensuring zero revenue leakage and accurate reporting
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Digital affinity (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior management level, Leading people – Team level (Meets all of the requirements), Results orientation (Meets all of the requirements), Strategic capability (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th December, 2022