Business Planning and Analytics Manager at NBC
- Company: NBC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of business planning activities in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an affective and efficient manner.
This role requires the holder to work closely with the Head of CIB to develop the strategic agenda, deliver key priorities and help set the tone for the CIB business.
Also, this role requires the holder to support Head of CIB to oversee the implementation of the CIB in-country strategy, in line with the direction and approval of CMC, Board and ARO.
The individual will need to make sure plans are implemented and decisions are acted upon and key stakeholders fulfil their commitments. The holder will be judged on the ability to drive the bank forward and to build sustainable incremental value both in terms of revenue and risk management. The job holder will be the key driver to assist the Head of CIB to embed efficiency, productivity at all levels of the business and work closely with the coverage team to embed CIB reporting quality to senior country teams as well as ARO.
Facilitate the day-to-day running of the CIB Tanzania business as well as track implementation of longer term strategic initiatives as agreed in CMC, CIB Manco and Board.
Strategy Development & Execution
- Provide one-to-one support to the Head of CIB NBC in developing and driving business strategy, and actively participate in supporting strategy execution.
- Prepare Head CIB for business reviews with Country CEO, Board, as well as the Regional teams. Create and deliver strategic presentations, and business reviews including CMC papers, Board papers, Regional and Group reports
- Identify business critical issues across the Country through regular review, recommend best practices and coordinate cross-functional teams to improve business performance
- Communicate, help drive and monitor progress against key CIB performance management initiatives
- Assist to identify and drive new revenue streams for CIB, with specific responsibility for planning, execution and coordination of these efforts
- Ensure CIB plans are implemented and decisions are acted upon and key stakeholders fulfil their commitments.
Performance Management and productivity analysis
- Synchronize budgeting process and work with the segment heads and RM teams to develop individual objectives
- Develop and analyze performance scorecards and dashboards metrics (including sales pipeline reports, customer profitability reports and other reporting tools to drive decision making
- Work closely with finance to analyze country, segment and product performance
- Ensure the proper application of CIB sales management tools ensuring that they are continuously improved, undertaking periodic reviews and suggesting improvements.
- Implementation of Sales Analytics Tools and digital adoption.
- Continuously seek to improve the usage, accuracy and application of Customer Profitability Reporting with the ultimate aim of ensuring zero revenue leakage and accurate reporting
Business and Process Improvement
- Monitor CIB costs and work closely with Finance to identify waste and optimize cost.
- Work on reducing CIB Interest Expense
- Identify, analyze, lead / participate in all initiatives intended to improve CIB financial performance, operating efficiency, risk and people management
- Work with stakeholders to continuously improve standards across all product areas including credit, striking a balance between compliance and blockages.
- Ensure robust process and governance compliance.
Marketing & Communication Events
- Ensure top management communication is delivered and understood by team members
- Work closely with Brand & Marketing to coordinate the success of CIB events, campaigns workshops & seminars
- Implement and generate awareness of centrally and locally-driven CIB initiatives
CIB Client’s value proposition:
- Develop Overall segment CVP development including continuous monitoring of current and evolving client needs and the competitive landscape in CIB.
- Drive Product team agendas: Trade, Debt, and Cash.
- Product performance and coverage productivity.
- Chief of Staff – CEO Office
- CIB Manco
- Product Partners
- Relevant Support Functional Manco (Finance / Legal & Compliance / Human Resources / Marketing / RCU / Operations)
- Accuracy of data, e.g. customer profitability.
- Success and timeliness of project implementation.
- Successful removal of blockages to business and improvements in TAT.
- Sustainable improvements in end-to-end customer service and improvements in TAT.
- Timeliness of submissions for reports both locally and to group/ Centre
- Successful implementation of initiatives.
- Awareness of strategy of the bank and CIB by the team
- Efficient Communication/ cascading of CMC/ARO/CEO messages
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Digital affinity (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior management level, Leading people – Team level (Meets all of the requirements), Results orientation (Meets all of the requirements), Strategic capability (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th December, 2023.