Business Development Manager Bancassurance at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
• Job Category : Management
• Job Code : 2021
• Job Name : Business Development Manager Bancassurance
• Details :
1. Overall Job Purpose
The Business Development Manager – Insurance is responsible for assisting the Head of Retail in Insurance Business development and overall business oversight. The role concentrates on driving sales and ensuring insurance penetration in the allocated branch grows, increasing productivity and monitoring performance. This includes training, attending to complaints and queries and customer service duties.
2. Key Accountabilities/ Accountability: Business Direction
• Co-ordinate all Bancassurance activities conducted within the branch network.
• Support all Bank departments on insurance matters
• Prepare management information as required
• Develop new products in line with demand and business opportunities.
• Provides guidance and training to bank staff on insurance matters
• Manage end to end insurance process at Head office and in the branches
• Comply with the insurance industry requirements as per the act or legislation.
3. Budget accountability:
• Accountable for achieving annual income targets as cascaded from Head of Retail
• Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on a monthly basis.
• Active involvement and accountability for making purchase/refund business decisions within set limits
• Establish relationships with key clients or business influences in the local areas.
4. Accountability: Risk Management
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, renewals, informing and ensuring compliance to the insurance act, internal Exim policies and policy standards.
• Ensuring staff dealing with insurance adequately trained
• Ensuring claims process is followed and adhered to by both staff and branches.
• Visits to outlets to ensure correct adherence to processes and procedures.
• Timely communication of all changes relating to insurance activities or requirements
• Responsible for all audit matters on insurance in the branches.
• Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
5. Qualification and Experience
• Degree in insurance or any other related field.
• Certification will be added advantage
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience supported by Banking experience.
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Planning and organizing
• Persuading and Influencing
• Relating and networking
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application to[email protected]
Call 0800 780 111 or visit www.eximbank.co.tz
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021