Brand Manager, Partner Brands at Serengeti Breweries Limited
- Company: Serengeti Breweries Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Description :
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. 51% of the company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
The role is to lead the Brand and activation strategy for the Premium Spirits portfolio – end to end i.e. crafting effective marketing / brand strategies, followed through with excellent trade execution, that will aid Diageo in meeting its annual business objectives.
The role focuses on strong collaboration across the Marketing, Customer Marketing and Sales functions (incl. Key Accounts), ensuring clear communication with regards to planning and execution of the Spirits portfolio
Purpose of Role
- To develop, lead and implement proven marketing brand plans, as a result of good planning and collaboration with Customer Marketing and Sales in order to grow the Premium Spirits portfolio within Tanzania.
- This role extends across both ATL & BTL, therefore covering the full marketing and commercial process.
- Collaboration with other functions such as Customer Marketing, Supply and Finance, is key, to lead the portfolio, along with crafting internal brand advocates.
SBL operates in a highly competitive and dynamic environment across a vast geography.
Since the sachet ban, the market has shifted tremendously resulting in alternative formats of spirits being selected. With pressure on disposable income, consumers are consistently evaluating their purchase decisions, placing a larger emphasis on brand value and salience.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision-making rights
- To champion the Premium portfolio brand planning process, identifying opportunities for growth, in collaboration and consultation with the Head of Spirits
- Handling and leading the Brand execution process, in collaboration with Customer Marketing and Sales to achieve Spirits objectives across all regions
- P&L Management of the Premium spirits portfolio, providing insights into the overall Spirits portfolio planning process
- Development of the annual Marketing business plans for the Spirits portfolio, in consultation with the Head of Spirits. This is in relation to brands that are assigned A&P as a result of the planning process.
- Creation, management and execution of activation plans across both ATL & BTL. This includes briefing, managing and evaluation of the agencies’ performance across the objectives set out and approved in the respective brand strategy.
- Measurement & Evaluation of all activities, consistently, to establish takeaways and best practice.
- Shopper planning & execution within Key Accounts (On-Trade and Off-Trade). This ranges from the development of bespoke cocktail menus, and shopper planograms to improve the consumer experience of the Spirits portfolio
- Budget tracking and information management across the Spirits portfolio, whilst providing updates / reports to the Head of Spirits
Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Certificate in sales and marketing will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years proven successful commercial experience in the Telecommunications Industry or FMCG environment
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware.
- Knowledge of English /Swahili
Barriers to success in role
- Must have significant personal impact and credibility
- Inability to engage and influence a broad set of individuals
- Must be a self-starter and be prepared to work as part of a broader team
- Must have ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Lack of marketing functional depth
- Inability to travel
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.