Bookkeeper at Chemonics
- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics seeks a Bookkeeper for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Assisting the project accountant in all aspects of project accounting and financial management.
- Completing data entry for accounting transactions, including reviewing payments for appropriate documentation and approvals and ensuring the maintenance of proper accounting files.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations. Calculating and paying required payroll taxes and social insurance to the proper authorities.
- Ensuring that all required documentation for VAT refunds is received by vendors prior to payment of invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, auditing, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to use various
commercially available accounting software programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September, 2023.