Boilermakers x6 at Shanta Mining Company
- Company: Shanta Mining Company
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Singida Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Process Plant Engineering Supervisor
BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION: Singida Gold Mine- Singida Region, Tanzania
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The boilermakers job is to perform welding and fabricating duties related to structural projects and equipment repair / maintenance. This includes lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Perform multiple welding processes such as: arc welding (SMAW), metal insert glass (MIG) welding, tungsten inert glass (TIG) welding, flux-core welding (FCAW), plastic welding, hard facing, oxygen / acetylene welding, and brazing. Shall also perform plasma cutting, oxygen / acetylene cutting, tempering, flame straightening, air carbon-arc cutting, sheet metal cutting / bending.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and conduct welding operations.
- Regularly inspect and test welds and equipment. Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed.
- Be familiar and competent is using various boiler-making tools and equipment including conducting pre-use inspections and assessment.
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry out work safely.
- Use blueprints – read drawings, work orders and production schedules to determine locations, positions, or dimensions of parts and understand job instructions and specifications.
- Examine work for defects and ensure conformance with specifications.
- Weld sections of iron, steel, copper, or other metals together to form them into required structures.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications.
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using precision measuring instruments.
- Remove rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heat, form, and dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Conduct non-destructive tests on welds, joints, and fabricated piece. Be familiar with various types and techniques on doing NDT including MPI and x-rays.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Fabrication Boilermaker Trade Test Grade I, II, III or FTC
- Valid Tanzanian Driving License will be added advantage
- 3 or more years’ experience working as boilermaker in Fixed plant industry
- Good written and verbal English language skills are essential.
- Experience with mining environment would be advantageous
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their Resumes, certificates and application cover letters addressed to the below (indicating the position title in the subject) via E -Mail: [email protected]
Human Resources Director
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 November 2022.