Boilermaker at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit three Boilermakers to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out and maintain all equipment to required standards to ensure maximum availability within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the First Line Leader. This is a permanent contract role, with the work roster being seven days day shift, seven days night shift and seven days off shift.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety,
- Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Adhere to isolation and lock out permits procedures.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Performs high-quality, planned and unplanned repairs of any mechanical equipment in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulation.
- Maintaining a clean and environmental safe work area, apply 5S principle
- Attain and maintain relevant licenses and authorizations required to execute allocated duties e.g. Basic Rigging, Working at Heights, machine operation i.e. forklift.
- Fabricate, weld and install chutes, boxes, pipes, reducers, bends and Y piece.
- Repair, fabricate and maintain metal equipment and structures of various sizes.
- Read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects.
- Apply best maintenance practice on repair of chutes, steel tanks, pipes and steel structures.
- Apply standard paint on new steel structure and any repair on steel works.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Examine pressure vessels, tanks, chutes, pipes to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they can be repaired.
- Fabricate, fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems
- Perform any task as instructed by report line supervisor.
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents to ensure equipment or work area remains clean and tidy.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders on time, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies then organize with supervisor
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation ,access and reading of job specifications and relevant information
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements and inspection comply with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols and cutting tools
- Using oxy acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Completion of basic welding, heating and cutting job cards/ work orders, work permit
- Carry out fabrication work and corrective maintenance to improve equipment availability, reliability, safety and functionality.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum mill availability. Meeting or exceeding planned mill availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Assist other mechanical tradesmen in maintenance work as required.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ensure First Line leader and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential and assume increasing accountability.
- Under the direction of the First Line leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Follow Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the First Line leader within your capacity without jeopardizing Health and safety.
- Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training (FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent).
- Minimum 5 Years practical work experience in maintenance.
- Maintenance experience on conveyors, compressors, pumps, pipes, etc.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Previous maintenance experience in industrialized plant is beneficial.
- Experience using multiple welding machines including the arc welder, TIG and MIG.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Check the plant for any defects – both process and whatever maintenance required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Possession of Valid driving license.
- Good welding and mechanical skills.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of Application
|Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]|
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 20th March 2021.
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|