Boiler technician at Mponde Holding Company Limited (MHCL)
- Company: Mponde Holding Company Limited (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Mponde Holding Company Limited (MHCL) is incorporated as Limited Liability Company established under the Companies Act Cap 212. The Company is solely owned by the Public Entities. The MHCL head office is located at Plot 38 Kweminyasa – Mponde, Bumbuli District Council in Tanga Region. The Company owns a tea-processing factory at Mponde and deals with the purchase of green tea leaves and processing the same.
The MHCL is seeking to employ qualified, dynamic, committed, responsible, and self-motivated people to fill the following vacant positions mentioned below:
Boiler technician (1)
- To safely attend steam boiler to generate enough steam for production of quality black tea to the lowest cost possible.
- To manage firewood stock to ensure sufficient safe stock is available for production all the time, advise factory manager on firewood stock and projected consumption volumes
- To train seasonal workers on proper boiler feeding and operation; to carry out tool box talk to all employees in the boiler section
- To undertake boiler routine and breakdown maintenance,
- To carry out boiler annual maintenance and prepare the boiler for annual inspection.
- To maintain boiler logbook as per manufacturer and OSHA and internal standards
- To carryout boiler water treatment activities.
- To perform steam and condensate line and accessories maintenance, ensure all no steam and/or condensate leakage, ix) To carryout estate and factory plumbing duties
- To ensure all SHEQ requirements are met all the time
- To report any abnormalities to engineer or shift Supervisor.
Holder of form 4 certificate, Boiler mechanics level 2, completion of any training institute studied Boiler operations.
Candidate shall have at least 1-year working experience from a reputable processing or manufacturing industry.
As provided in the salary structure and in the MHCL Incentive Scheme.
Interested applicants shall be required to provide detailed; application letter, Curriculum Vitae; Certified Copies of Academic and professional Certificates as follows
- Form IV/VI National Examination Certificate.
- Degree/ Advanced Diploma Certificates/ Master’s
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from the respective registration or regulatory bodies (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination bodies or Ordinary or Advancedlevel education should be verified by National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional Certificates from foreign Universities or other training Institutions should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Uncertified Certificates and Provisional Statement of Results will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate 3 work related referees with their reliable telephone numbers and e-mails
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be submitted to below address not later than 22nd November, 2023, via email or postal.
Mponde Holding Company Limited,
P.O. Box 242,
Email: [email protected]