Board Membership at DCB Bank
- Company: DCB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BOARD MEMBERSHIP POSITION
DCB is a fully-fledged retail and commercial bank in Tanzania, offering banking services to Individuals, Small to Medium sized Businesses, as well as large corporate clients. The bank has a network of branches, Wakala Agents and ATMs serving over 3 million customers across the country. The bank was listed in the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange in 2008.
DCB is looking for a dynamic and visionary leader to join the Board as a Non-Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The specific responsibilities of the Non-Executive Director includes:
- Providing effective leadership in collaboration with the management team;
- Facilitating setting up of appropriate corporate governance structures for the management of the bank’s operations;
- Reviewing and approve the bank’s strategy, organizational plans, annual budget, significant expenditure proposed by the management team;
- Ensuring that key strategic risks of the bank are identified and managed; and that effective implementation of internal controls to mitigate operational risks are in place;
- Monitoring corporate performance against the strategic and tactical plans, including overseeing the operating results on a regular basis to evaluate whether the bank is properly managed;
- Reviewing and approve material transactions not in the ordinary course of activities at the bank;
- Reporting annually to the shareholders as required by DCB’s Memorandum and Article of Association; and regularly seek shareholders’ decisions on matters requiring their approval at the general meetings;
- Selecting, monitoring, evaluating performance and compensating the Managing Director, Internal Auditor and other job at the executive management level;
- Ensuring ethical behavior and compliance with laws and regulations, auditing and accounting principles, and the company’s own governing documents;
- Assessing its own effectiveness in fulfilling these and other Board responsibilities; and
- Perform such other functions as are prescribed in acts regulating the bank’s functions, that is but not limited to Bank of Tanzania and Capital Markets and Securities Authority.
- Experience in internal or external audit at a senior management level in banking or financial institution for at least five (5) years;
- A post graduate qualification in finance, business development, financial management, economics, actuarial science, marketing, law, ICT, human resources, or related field. Experience in the banking sector will bean added advantage;
- At least 10 years’ experience as a director of a medium to large size business and proven track record of effectively transforming an organisation;
- More than 3 years’ experience as a board member and of a board committee. Board experience with a listed company would be an added advantage;
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Should not be a current member of management or board of a financial institution, or any institution whose registration or license has been revoked or canceled or which has gone into liquidation;
- No criminal record;
- No history of bankruptcy;
- Clean credit record including that of related parties;
Must have the time to devote to DCB to attend meetings and be flexible to support activities geared to business growth.
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, three testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae, clearly quoting the relevant reference number DCB-NED/01/2023 on the subject of your email. To be considered, your application must be submitted through [email protected] by 13th February 2023. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE