Board Members Vacancies at CRDB Bank PLc
- Company: CRDB Bank PLc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BOARD MEMBERS VACANCIES
CRDB Bank PLc is a leading commercial bank in Tanzania. Established in 1996, the Bank has grown and prospered over the years to become the most innovative and trusted Bank in the country. The Bank attained an important milestone when it was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange on 17th of June, 2009. CRDB Bank PLc owns two subsidiary companies – CRDB Bank Burundi S.A. and CRDB Insurance Broker Limited.
The Board of Directors invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill two positions of Board Members to represent the group of Independent Director elected by all shareholders.
“Independent Director” means a director who- (a) does not hold any executive or management position in the bank; (b) does not have, directly or indirectly, a significant interest in the bank including any parent or subsidiary in a consolidated group with the bank; “Significant interest” means a holding of five percent or more of the voting shares of the bank (c) has not been employed by the bank or its subsidiaries of which he currently forms part in any executive capacity for the preceding three (3) years; (d) is not a member of the family of an individual who is, or has been in any of the past three years, employed by the bank or its subsidiaries in an executive capacity; (e) is not a professional advisor to the bank or its subsidiaries ; (f) is free from any business or other relationship which seems to interfere with the individual’s capacity to act in an independent manner; and (g) does not receive remuneration contingent upon the performance of the bank as defined in the Banking and Financial Institutions (Internal Control and Internal Audit) Regulations 2014;
The names of qualified candidates will be presented to the Annual General Meeting for election. ( https://crdb.tiny.us/MEMARTS )
Expertise and Knowledge Requirements
In line with Section 5(2) of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act (Corporate Governance) Regulations, 2021 candidates for the Board of Directors positions should have the expertise and knowledge in the following academia: Banking; or Finance; or Accounting; or Auditing; or Law; or Economics.
The following abilities are necessary for the Board of Directors Positions in light of the present board makeup, market practice, technical changes, and growth in digital banking: Insurance Expert, Project Financing as well as mergers and acquisitions skills, Data Science, Cyber Security and Lawyers.
Roles of Board of Directors
- Determine the Bank’s vision, mission and values aimed at providing continuity and legal existence of the Bank.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the Bank’s strategy to achieve the vision and mission and ensure the Bank survives and thrives.
- Govern the Bank by broad policies and objectives, formulated and agreed with Managing Director. Such policies and objectives shall aim at ensuring that:
- procedures and practices are in place to protect the Bank’s Assets and reputation;
- the Bank complies with all relevant laws, regulations and codes of best practices; and
- the technology and systems used in the Bank are adequate to properly run the Bank for it to compete through efficient use of its assets, processes and human resources.
- Monitor risk identification and its management so as to enhance shareholder value in the long run.
- Select and appoint the Managing Director to whom the responsibility of managing the Bank shall be delegated. The Directors shall review and evaluate the Managing Director’s performance regularly.
Method of ApplicationAny person who wishes to be elected as Board member must submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards, two passport size photographs, certified copies of the last page of their passports, and letters of recommendation from 3 references and declaration of indebtedness to banks. Notification of receipt of application and other details will be sent to all applicants upon receipt of the applications. Successful candidate will serve for a term of 3 years which is eligible for renewal. Applications must be received by 00 p.m. on Tuesday, 31st January, 2023.
CRDB strongly encourages women to apply
The contact for communication is:
CRDB Bank PLc Headquarters
Plot No 25 and 26 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road & Plot No. 21 Barack Obama Road
P O. Box 268,11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel. no. 022 – 2219566
E-mail – [email protected]