Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO) at COCOWAETA
- Company: COCOWAETA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Biomedical Technical Officer is responsible for provision of technical oversight and direction of project biomedical services. He/she is required to collaborate with the Program lead team to provide technical assistance on the provision of Key and Priority (PP) Population – focused HIV prevention, HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC), combining Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) services, HIV Self-Testing (HST), Family Planning (FP), and linkage to Care and Treatment Services. This include provision of guidance, monitoring and technical assistance on biomedical services to government/ certified health providers at all program councils.
Main duties and Responsibilities
· Lead Biomedical services in collaboration other project staff, implementing partners and other key stakeholders.
· Train and mentor government/ certified health providers and CHMTs to address their attitude and belief towards KVPs, as well as improve the capacity of providers to deliver biomedical services.
· Work closely with senior level counterparts at the CHMT, Districts or Council care and treatment partners, and other government and non-governmental partners to advance HIV biomedical prevention for key and vulnerable population in the implementation council.
· Ensure the operationalization of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for KVPs
· Coordinate and Monitor the timely implementation of biomedical services i.e. Mobile HTS, Index Testing, PrEP, HIVST and Regency Testing.
· Participate in the development of monthly service plans based on the mapping reports and the SBCC POs’ guidance to guide effective roll out of demand creation and biomedical service activities.
· Supervise and provide technical support to government/ certified health providers, assess biomedical activities and their integration into the other program services
· Liaise with the DACC and DRCHCO to ensure the daily availability of biomedical supplies at the service delivery points
· Monitor implementation plans, performance and progress to biomedical targets
· Ensure the dissemination of national policy, standards, and guidelines on KVP, PrEP, HIVST and HIV programming at the council level
· Document experiences, prepare program and site visits reports, presentations, briefs and articles/success stories
· Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure accountability mechanism, assess progress to targets and quality of data submitted
· Assist with the identification of professional development needs for government/ certified providers and other field staff.
· Performs other related tasks as required by the organization.
Education and Experience:
Qualification: Medical or nursing degree or equivalent
· At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
· Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
· Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
· Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
· Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
· High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
· Well-developed computer skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili
Method of ApplicationInterested candidate are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email address and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All application should be addressed to the Governing Board, P.o Box 4, Mahenge. Morogoro through the email: [email protected]. Deadline for applications is 1700hrs, 20th November 2022. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for further processes.
NOTE: COCOWAETA is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate individuals on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information.