Biomed Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – BIOMED MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff
Title: BIOMED MANAGER
Direct Reports: LOGISTIC COORDINATOR
Location: Dar es Salaam ( Coordination)
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to Biomed equipment according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission projects.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Degree or Diploma as Biomedical technician, biomedical engineer
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in biomedical service management.
Languages: English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required
· Providing support to the Medical Coordinator and Mission Pharma for biomed equipment planning, annual budget and ordering for equipment to identify and give response to the needs of the mission and the target population.
· Participating in the definition of the objectives and planning of the biomedical activities including reviewing its annual budget in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population
· Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the biomed activities in the projects ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinators on the development of the ongoing programmes. This includes the following:
Ø Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of biomed equipment management procedures in the mission (installation, disposal/renewal, correct use and maintenance) and ensuring a good follow up of the different maintenance contracts
Ø Ensuring that the preventive and curative maintenance, fault diagnosis, annual diagnosis and certification are performed for those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received
Ø Coordinating and organising between projects for equipment/support exchange (repair returns, installation and replacement) to help ensure that as few items are out of service on the mission at any given time. This includes the packing, shipment and contact with service providers or after sales service to the MSF Supply Centre for the repair of equipment that cannot be done locally
Ø Organizing, planning and ensuring an appropriate stock management including inventories of spare parts and back up equipment. Ensuring good following and quality assessment of company in the process of local purchase
Ø Managing the biomed technicians in the projects and elaborating their activities planning
· In collaboration with the MedCo Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area.
· Providing technical support and training to staff on the use, control, preventive maintenance and basic repair of most common equipment.
· Supporting the training of medical staff about hygiene on biomed equipment following the result of a regular assessment of medical services on these questions and providing feedback and support to the project medical team and biomed technician
· Participating in monthly reports according to management guidelines and following up, analysing and reporting on the maintenance activities and on technical aspects of the work
· Perform field visit as requested by the Supervisor
· Provide support to supply and pharma for ordering, reception and stocks / Inventories recordkeeping
· Report writing; Monthly, visit and ToR in concern with the mission activities
· Responsible for the tools assigned to him/her
· Perform and update inventory for the equipment
· Support potential local purchase of medical equipment by conducting market survey and supplier assessments in support of discussion and technical validation process via HQ pharma.
· Provide input on biomedical support collaboration with MoH where pertinent to Medical Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator, also for consideration in MoU where necessary.
· Technical validation and reception of materials
Ø People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter
Ø Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Tuesday 23rd January 2024 at 5:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “BIOMED MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or MSF Office-LIWALE
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.